I published my first year end post back in 2007 and followed it up consecutively in 2008, 2009 and then 2010. After that, I got lazy and haven’t published any year end posts. This year, I decided to revive this blog “tradition” and make sure that I would faithfully do it in the coming years.
If you aren’t a long-time reader or haven’t come across my previous year-end posts, I’d like to give you a little bit of information on what these posts are about and why I do them. These year-end posts are a way for me to look back and appreciate all the things that I’ve accomplished, experienced (good and bad) as well as other notable events that happened during that year.
Below are the following highlights – significant events and other stuff that has happened or was published on JaypeeOnline for the year 2015:
- Finally published the long overdue Kingston DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 Review. Thanks to Kingston Technology for providing the review unit.
- Found out that the contact form plugin I had wasn’t working due to an Incorrect CAPTCHA error. I figured out the problem and shared the solution via a tutorial.
- Received an 8TB WD My Cloud Expert Series EX4100 from Western Digital which I unboxed and reviewed.
- Launched the first major giveaway of the year – WD MyCloud EX2 Giveaway sponsored by Western Digital.
- Reviewed and gave away several units of the ChargerLeash Sync & Charge Cable for Android.
- Upgraded my Sony VAIO Ultrabook from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
- Hosted another giveaway, this time giving away annual subscriptions to premium UI kits & design resource site PixelKit.
- Did a review and giveaway for the Facebook Page Promoter Lightbox plugin for WordPress.
- Reviewed the awesome Omaker 5200mAh Ultra Portable Battery Charger that I purchased for my wife. Last month, it accidentally got soaked in milk but after letting it dry out for several hours, it was still working!
- Updated the blog – uninstalled several WordPress plugins that were no longer active or needed and installed several new ones that made the site run better and/or added functionality.
- Posted my unboxing and initial impressions of the Amazon Echo.
- Hosted another ThemeFuse Premium WordPress Themes Giveaway courtesy of our good friends and regular sponsor ThemeFuse.
- Gave away 10 copies or licenses of the MacX DVD Ripper Pro premium DVD ripping software from Digiarty.
- Purchased a .tech domain name for a possible future project.
- Learned that some of the Advertising inquiry emails I was receiving were actually spam.
- Discovered that the sitemap for JaypeeOnline was broken due to a XML parsing error. Shared the solution by posting a tutorial.
- Published my review of the Jackery Mini 3200mAh Portable Charger which was sent to me by the good folks at Jackery.
- Got nominated as one of the top Technology blogs for the Bloggys 2015 — Philippine Blogging Awards.
- Published an in-depth review of the Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse which I “purchased” from BestBuy. You’ll have to read the post to learn how I ended up getting this gadget.
- Partnered with the folks from Greedeals for this awesome deal and giveaway – 115 Premium WordPress Themes For $29.
- Unsubscribed from Pingdom. JaypeeOnline website speed and uptime now officially monitored by Dotcom-Tools.
- Launched a new blog segment named “Reader Reviews” where readers can share their opinions and experiences with different gadgets and online products/services that they’re recently purchased or tried.
- Posted my hands-on review of the Jackery Giant+ 12000mAh Dual USB External Battery again provided by the folks at Jackery.
- Published the first edition of Reader Reviews featuring a short review of the BlackBerry Passport by longtime reader Jhay Gamba from the Philippines.
- Got featured and listed as one of the Top 10 Pinoy Tech Bloggers by MoneyMax.PH.
- Published a review and hosted a giveaway of the EaseUS Todo Backup Home premium backup software.
- Purchased an Apple iMac 21.5-inch (late 2015).
- Launched the inStream SeptimusB 7 Port Fast USB Charger Review & Giveaway. Prize and shipping cost sponsored by inStream Tech.
- Replaced the default WordPress avatars with the help of a new plugin called Wapuuvatar.
- Shared my hands-on experience and review of the KeySmart — Premium Pocket Organizer & Key Holder.
- Hosted an International Giveaway and gave out 3 units of the Keysmart premium pocket organizer and key holder. Prizes and shipping sponsored by the folks from Key Smart.
Other highlights for JaypeeOnline that were not published on the blog are the following: our Facebook page reaching 5,000 fans (thanks to your support!) and I finally (better late than never) created an Instagram account for JaypeeOnline.
I haven’t counted or compared the posts with previous years but I believe that this year – 2015 has been the year with the most giveaways. If I had the extra time and if I put in more effort there would’ve been more. But anyway, I’m still glad that I was able to give away and share a lot of stuff with you guys. I’ll do my best to exceed that next year. I’m planning to host a big giveaway to celebrate the 10th year anniversary of my domain.
Even though I wasn’t able to set up my blog goals for 2015, I’m still very happy about the accomplishments as well as the different events and experiences that I had this past year. It all wouldn’t have been possible without the support of my family, regular & longtime readers, and generous sponsors.
I wish you all a happy and prosperous Happy New Year!
[image source: Blaugh]
“Learned that some of the Advertising inquiry emails I was receiving were actually spam.” Really? REALLY, JP? LOL
How long have you been blogging?
Hehe..I know it might sound silly but the emails looked legit and weren’t your typical spam. Check out the post to see the sample and tell me if you’d immediately identify if that was spam? :P