My wife was having issues with the battery life of her iPhone so she decided to buy a portable battery charger that she could bring along wherever she goes. I usually help her pick out gadgets but this time she did all by herself and bought the Omaker 5200mAh Ultra Portable Battery Charger from Amazon for $16.99. She picked this out specifically because of the good reviews & ratings as well as the nice design and its compact size.
- Unique Premium Rubber Paint Finish makes a supernormal touch feeling;Compact, portable and stylish Design make it Convenient to carry in your pocket or purse.
- High Capacity, 5200mAh, provides 2 charges for iPhone 6 (With 1810mAh battery);Quickly and effectively solves the low power problem for your device when travel out.
- Built-in 4 LED indicators to show the charging status and battery level, safe to use.
- Designed for avoiding overcharge,overvoltage, overcurrent, and short circuit, CE, FCC, ROHS certification ensures reliability.
- Work as flashlight for almost 250 hours,press the power button for about three seconds,the flashlight will turn to SOS mode.
- Size (LWH): 3.94 inches, 1.79 inches, 1.01 inches
- Weight: 4.16 ounces
Size comparison with a LG G3
Size comparison with an iPhone 5
The 5-star rating and the positive reviews for the Omaker 5200mAh Ultra Portable Battery Charger are well deserved. The build quality as well as the performance is top-notch. It features a nice, smooth matte finish as well as an ergonomic design that makes it feel great for handling. Even the provided micro USB cable is very good quality, it doesn’t look and feel like a normal/generic USB cable.
Considering its size, the Omaker 5200mAh Ultra Portable Battery Charger packs a lot of power compared to other products within the same size range. It keeps a steady and reliable charge with an input/output of DC5V1A (5 Volts, 1 Amp) so it can charge devices pretty fast.
One cool feature I like best about the Omaker 5200mAh Ultra Portable Battery Charger is the plug-and-charge. Just plug in your device and it will automatically detect it and power up, no need to press the power button. The 4 LED lights indicates how much charge the device has: 1 LED Light – 0%-25% Charge; 2 LED Lights – 25%-50% Charge; 3 LED Lights – 50%-75% Charge and 4 LED Lights – 75%-100% Charge.
Aside from being a battery charger, the Omaker 5200mAh Ultra Portable Battery Charger also works as a flashlight and it can be activated by pressing on the power button 2 times. Pressing the power button for more than 3 seconds will activate the SOS feature which can be useful during an emergency.
As you can see from the photos provided above, the package includes a carrying bag/pouch which is big enough to store not only the charger but also one or two micro USB cables. The user manual is very detailed and easy to understand and provides all the necessary information about the product and how to use it.
The Omaker 5200mAh Ultra Portable Battery Charger is an affordable and reliable portable battery charger and I would highly recommend it to anyone. As a matter of fact, we loved it so much that we bought another one for my mother-in-law. If you already have a portable charger, this would make a nice gift for your family or friends.
We haven’t had any issues with the units we purchased but based on the reviews on Amazon, the company – Omaker provides very good customer support and they issue refunds or replaces faulty/defective units for free.