I was supposed to publish my year end post last week but like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I was pretty busy the past couple of weeks with all the family gatherings and activities tied to the holiday season. Anyways, when I first did this two years ago, I didn’t plan or expect that this would be a regular “annual” thing here on JaypeeOnline. It turned out to be a great way for me to look back and appreciate all the blessings that I’ve received for that year. I know this is a bit late, but I really feel that I should do this so here it is.
The following is the list of events and other significant things that happened and/or was published on JaypeeOnline for the year 2009:
- I set up my blog goals for 2009, a first of its kind for JaypeeOnline. Btw, I’ll be publishing a different post regarding last year’s blog goals.
- Achieved one of the goals I set for last year by attending WordCamp Las Vegas with my friend Allan. Looking for this year’s event and hopefully attend WordCamp LA as well.
- Had my first guest blog post here on JaypeeOnline – HowTo: Move From Blogger to WordPress courtesy of Gemma Baltazar (The Lady Programmer).
- Made it to the top 25 of the Philippine’s Top Blogs based on Alexa rankings.
- HowTo: 10 Ways To Bring Sexy Back To Your Blog – second guest post here on JaypeeOnline, courtesy of Jan Geronimo (Writing To Exhale).
- Left MediaTemple and moved to a different, private dedicated server.
- Got back after a 2-month hiatus.
- Finally got my own blog mascot for JaypeeOnline.
- Created and uploaded my new customized Twitter background, incorporating my new blog mascot.
- Launched my second blog contest/giveaway – the Threadless Tshirt Giveaway.
- Found out that I was one of the finalists for the 2009 Philippine Blog Awards.
- Highlight of the year for me and my blog – JaypeeOnline brings home the trophy for the Technology Category in the 2009 Philippine Blog Awards.
- Participated in my first Blog Action Day and blogged about “climate change”.
- Finally, after having issues and lots of problems with my previous hosting provider, I migrated to my new web host – ServInt.
- Launched my 3rd blog contest/giveaway – the $1,500 Thanksgiving Giveaway. Which by the way, was a huge success, thanks to all the participants and sponsors.
- After more than a month of waiting, I finally received my trophy and a Nokia E52 from the Philippine Blog Awards.
- Got an early Christmas gift from my lovely wife – a shiny, new iPhone 3GS.
I know there are many things to be thankful for but last year’s highlight was winning the Tech category in the Philippine Blog Awards. It wouldn’t have been possible without the help and support of my family, friends and you guys, the regular readers/visitors of JaypeeOnline. I’m happy that I almost successfully accomplished 100% of the blog goals I set for last year. Don’t worry, I’ll get into more of the details of that in a different post. With all the blessings that I received in 2009, it was definitely a great year for me and my blog. I’m also glad that I was able to share my blessings with you guys via my $1,500 Thanksgiving Giveaway.
I hope that this year – 2010 would be a better year for all of us. Once again, thank you so much for all your support!
[image source: Blaugh]