This will be the second time that I’ll be doing a year ender post or recap here on JaypeeOnline. Even though its a bit late than what I wanted it to be, I decided to go on and finish this post because I wanted to look back at what me and my blog have accomplished. By doing so, I can be thankful for what I have received, be proud of what I’ve accomplished and learn from my failures and mistakes. Also, to share with you guys the past year’s events and experiences.
Here’s the list of the events and other stuff that took place and was published on JaypeeOnline for 2008.
- After hearing and reading much about this new service, I finally signed up with Entrecard.
- A victim of Dreamhost’s Billing Nightmare. Got accidentally billed for a year’s worth of hosting. Turns out it was caused by a “user error” from one of the Dreamhost staff.
- JaypeeOnline Theme Reboot. Purchased my first ever premium WordPress theme, the Magazine Style theme by Art Culture.
- Said goodbye to Dreamhost and hello to Mediatemple. Moved out of Dreamhost after hosting JaypeeOnline with them for almost a year.
- Received my PayPal Debit Card. Now I can use my PayPal funds to purchase stuff online even from sites that don’t accept PayPal or buy stuff from stores offline.
- Held my first blog contest by giving away 2,000 Entrecard credits. Wasn’t successful as I hoped it would be but it was a great learning experience.
- Another “bought by blogging” gadget, my first pocket pc phone the AT&T Tilt aka HTC TyTN II.
- Guess who’s back? First blog post after going on a blogging hiatus for more than 3 months.
- My Compaq Presario C714NR went dead and I didn’t think it was gonna get fixed so I bought a new laptop, the Toshiba A305-S6872. Again, another “bought by blogging” gadget.
- Purchased my second premium WordPress theme, the Fresh News theme by Woo Themes as a fresh new theme for JaypeeOnline.
- Held my second blog contest, the Christmas Giveaway which is a bigger and better contest than the first one. Gave away $1,000+ worth of premium WordPress themes and plugins courtesy of generous sponsors.
- Got an early Christmas present in the form of WordPress schwag. Courtesy of Maya from Automattic.
Although I didn’t get special mention or awards like last year, 2008 was still a very good year for me and my blog. Why? Because this past year was full of blessings and so many things that I am thankful for like good health, family and friends (both offline and online). Blogwise, I’m also happy because JaypeeOnline not only has more subscribers but the average traffic (visits and pageviews) has more than doubled since last year.
I’d like to take this opportunity to once again thank my family, friends and loyal readers for their continued support, because without you guys, all of this won’t be possible. Thank you very much!
I wish everyone a blessed Happy New Year and God bless!
[image source: Funny Web Comic]