This will be the second time that I’ll be doing a year ender post or recap here on JaypeeOnline. Even though its a bit late than what I wanted it to be, I decided to go on and finish this post because I wanted to look back at what me and my blog have accomplished. By doing so, I can be thankful for what I have received, be proud of what I’ve accomplished and learn from my failures and mistakes. Also, to share with you guys the past year’s events and experiences.
Here’s the list of the events and other stuff that took place and was published on JaypeeOnline for 2008.
- After hearing and reading much about this new service, I finally signed up with Entrecard.
- A victim of Dreamhost’s Billing Nightmare. Got accidentally billed for a year’s worth of hosting. Turns out it was caused by a “user error” from one of the Dreamhost staff.
- JaypeeOnline Theme Reboot. Purchased my first ever premium WordPress theme, the Magazine Style theme by Art Culture.
- Said goodbye to Dreamhost and hello to Mediatemple. Moved out of Dreamhost after hosting JaypeeOnline with them for almost a year.
- Received my PayPal Debit Card. Now I can use my PayPal funds to purchase stuff online even from sites that don’t accept PayPal or buy stuff from stores offline.
- Held my first blog contest by giving away 2,000 Entrecard credits. Wasn’t successful as I hoped it would be but it was a great learning experience.
- Another “bought by blogging” gadget, my first pocket pc phone the AT&T Tilt aka HTC TyTN II.
- Guess who’s back? First blog post after going on a blogging hiatus for more than 3 months.
- My Compaq Presario C714NR went dead and I didn’t think it was gonna get fixed so I bought a new laptop, the Toshiba A305-S6872. Again, another “bought by blogging” gadget.
- Purchased my second premium WordPress theme, the Fresh News theme by Woo Themes as a fresh new theme for JaypeeOnline.
- Held my second blog contest, the Christmas Giveaway which is a bigger and better contest than the first one. Gave away $1,000+ worth of premium WordPress themes and plugins courtesy of generous sponsors.
- Got an early Christmas present in the form of WordPress schwag. Courtesy of Maya from Automattic.
Although I didn’t get special mention or awards like last year, 2008 was still a very good year for me and my blog. Why? Because this past year was full of blessings and so many things that I am thankful for like good health, family and friends (both offline and online). Blogwise, I’m also happy because JaypeeOnline not only has more subscribers but the average traffic (visits and pageviews) has more than doubled since last year.
I’d like to take this opportunity to once again thank my family, friends and loyal readers for their continued support, because without you guys, all of this won’t be possible. Thank you very much!
I wish everyone a blessed Happy New Year and God bless!
[image source: Funny Web Comic]
@Emily – Don’t be..I bought most of the gadgets because I really needed them not just for the sake of having them. If you’d ask me several years ago if I’d be able to buy stuff from my blog earnings I’d probably laugh at the thought. Just keep on working with your blog and do your best. Somehow your hard work will pay off sooner or later. All the best! :D
Happy New Year too. :) Am feeling the gadget envy. :O I wonder when I’ll finally have a bought by blogging gadget. :O
@jan – Yep, the holiday season is over so the snow had to stop too. Hehe Thanks for the compliments! It is definitely better to focus on the blessings and the good stuff rather than the bad stuff. Makes you appreciate what you have. Happy new year and God bless! :)
Oh, it’s not snowing here anymore. :) That’s steady growth you got there and tech gadgets too. I’m new at this but I can proudly announce that the main thing that blogging bought, nay caused me – is a pair of designer eyebags. Hahaha. World-class, that. But it doesn’t help to feel apprehensive about 2009. It’s more beneficial to focus on the blessings and being hopeful about the road ahead like you do. So there. :)
@myphemaster – I hope so too. Thanks for dropping by and happy new year to you too! :D
I guess it's a good year for us all and may this Year 2009 more fruitful for everyone.
Happy New Year!
@Ambo – Yes, hopefully this year would be a more fruitful year for us. :D
You're welcome Brother! Let's hope a more fruitful year this 2009!
@jhay – Yes, 2008 was a great year for most of us. Yup, I definitely remember those times. Who knows, maybe this year we can finally collaborate and do something together. :D
@ceblogger – Thanks for the greetings! Happy new year to you too and all the best! :)
Guess it was a great 2008 for you too as well. I remember how we talked about almost-sharing a Media Temple account and that last minute talks about purchasing some themes from Adii. hehehe
Good times, good times indeed.
happy new year, jaypee! what a 2008 it was! i wish you all the best in 2009.
@jong – Happy new year to you too! Glad you like the theme. You’re most welcome! ;)
happy new year jaypee! thanks for the theme :D