One of the most popular and most visited posts here on JaypeeOnline is my article on how to fix the Adobe CS3 Internal Error 2739. That article provides a step-by-step solution on how to fix that specific error on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista.
Readers and visitors have been posting questions on that article asking how to solve the same problem on the 64-bit version of Windows 7, so I decided to publish a separate article specially for those people.
How to fix the Adobe CS3 Internal Error 2739 on Windows 7 64-bit:
1. Click on the Windows logo and type in cmd on Search program and files. (Don’t hit Enter)
2. On the search results, right-click on “cmd.exe” and select “Run as administrator“.
3. A command prompt will open and the default location will be C:\windows\system32.
4. Type in cd.. to get out of the System32 folder.
5. Type in cd SysWOW64 to go inside the SysWOW64* folder.
6. Type in regsvr32 jscript.dll and hit Enter.
7. Type in regsvr32 vbscript.dll and hit Enter.
That should do the trick and enable you to install the 32-bit version of Adobe CS3 on any machine running Windows 7 64-bit. Hope this short and simple tutorial helps. If you find this useful and helpful, don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
*SysWOW64 (Windows on 64-bit Windows) contains all the necessary 32-bit binary files that are required for compatibility issues.