Epic Games previewed an upcoming iOS game during an Apple keynote earlier this year. Powered by Epic’s cutting-edge Unreal Engine 3 technology, this game displayed unparalleled graphics never before seen on the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad or any portable gaming console like the Sony PSP or Nintendo DS. If you were able to try the free preview of the game called Epic Citadel, then you know how awesome this game’s graphics are. This is the same game that you’ve seen on the iPhone 4 and iPad commercials.
The game’s full version now called Infinity Blade, is now available at the App Store for $5.99. Infinity Blade is optimized for the iPhone 4’s retina display but it is also a universal app, meaning it will play on any device running iOS 3.2+ (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 3 (16 GB and above), or iPod Touch 4).
I haven’t tried Infinity Blade yet as I’m still downloading it at the time of writing. The app is 318MB which is huge for an iOS app. Anyways, here are some reviews from some of the top gaming and tech websites:
IGN: “A surefire Game of the Year contender. It just may be the best iPhone game of all time.”
TouchGen: “This is the best game I’ve played on my iPhone. This is the game we’ve been waiting for!”
Slide: “A unique and enthralling experience from the start.”
Ars Technica: “It’s one of the few games on the iPhone that if I were to get an e-mail tomorrow saying that it’s available, I would stop everything I was doing, find my iPhone and buy it.”
- DYNAMIC SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN – Spectacular 3D characters and environments powered by the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 bring to life the story of a lone knight’s pursuit to save civilization.
- RESPONSIVE AND INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS – Attack, dodge, block, and cast devastating spells – all with the simple swipe of a finger.
- SIMPLE NAVIGATION – Easy to use, tap-to-move controls enable players to effortlessly navigate and explore the castle realm while searching for collectable items such as treasure, swords, shields, armor and other magical objects.
- DEEP CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION – Dozens of Swords, Shields, Helmets, Armor, and Magic Rings to acquire and master – leveling up your character and increasing Attack, Health, Shield and Magic skills.
- GAME CENTER – Achievements and Leaderboards
With all the rave reviews this game is getting, it won’t be surprising if Infinity Blade was chosen as game of the year.
Infinity Blade is now available for download from the App Store
Anyone already tried and played Epic Game’s latest game Infinity Blade for iOS? What are your first impressions of the game? What device are you playing it on – iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad? Please share your thoughts.