It’s been three months since my Galaxy S20 FE received the One UI 4.0 and Android 12 update. I love the different new features and fixes that were introduced in that update and I’m glad to share that I’ve never had any issues since the update.
Last month, when Samsung announced the release of the One UI 4.1 update, I was glad to find out that the Galaxy S20 FE would be one of the devices that will be receiving the update.
Samsung Electronics is committed to delivering the most up-to-date mobile experience to as many Galaxy users as possible. That’s why Samsung today announced that One UI 4.1, which first debuted alongside the Samsung Galaxy S22 series, will be available on a wide range of Galaxy devices, bringing the latest Galaxy innovations to more users.
Starting with the Galaxy Z Fold3 and Galaxy Z Flip3, the software update will include the Galaxy S21 series, Galaxy A series and Tab S7 FE. The update will extend to even more Galaxy devices, including the S20 series, Z Fold, Z Flip, Note series, S10 series, A series and Tab S series.
Although Samsung is one of the fastest phone manufacturers in releasing Android software updates, the actual date when the update gets pushed to customers depends on the mobile carrier. After checking on the Koodo Software Update Schedule page, I saw that the Galaxy S20 FE was scheduled to receive the One UI 4.1 update on April 19th.
I marked my calendar so that I won’t forget about it. April 19th came and passed but I didn’t receive the update. I sent out a tweet mentioning Koodo and asked what happened, why I didn’t receive the One UI 4.1 update. They responded and informed me that the dates are just estimates. I missed the note on the bottom of the Software Update Schedule page that says “All dates are approximate and subject to change. Please note posted dates reflect when the update is released but can take a few weeks to roll out to all devices.“
I was a bit disappointed but there was nothing I could but wait. Well, I didn’t have to wait long because I received the One UI 4.1 update the following day.
I’m not going to discuss the new features in detail but I will list them down below:
One UI 4.1 Features:
- More options for portrait videos
- Powerful remastering
- More suggestions
- Add portrait effects
- Portrait relighting
- Convert unnecessary motion photos to still images
- Share albums as links
- All your invitations together
- Create time lapse videos
- More decorations for your emoji stickers
- Add more to your AR doodles
- Background colors in mask mode
- Group widgets together
- Get suggestions on your Home screen
- Do more during video calls
- Join video calls in presentation mode
- Get insights about your body composition
- Build better sleep habits
- Enhanced exercise tracking
- More transfer options
- Get notified when you leave something behind
- Find a lost device together
- Share your Wi-Fi network
- Include editing history when you share pictures and videos
- Share tips with others
More features and improvements
- Color palette
- Smart suggestions
- Clean up shadows and reflections in Photo Editor
- Add emojis to your calendar
- Take quick notes while you browse
- Choose apps for text correction in Samsung Keyboard
- More widely available keyboard options
- Customize your sound balance
- New actions for Bixby Routines
- Customize your virtual memory
- Game optimizing service
Aside from the features listed above, the update also included the April 1, 2022 Android Security patch.
Are there any other Samsung device owners here who received the One UI 4.1 update on their smartphones? Which new feature or functionality you like best? Please share your comments and thoughts by leaving a comment below.