What comes to mind when you hear the name Adobe? Most people will probably say Photoshop. We all know it as the most popular desktop software for graphics editing.
Late last year, Adobe announced the release of a new app called Photoshop Camera and allowed early access to beta testers. Now, this app is available to the public for both Android and iOS.
How is it different from Photoshop or other Adobe products like Photoshop Express, Photoshop Fix, or Photoshop Mix? According to the official blog post, Photoshop Camera is a new AI-powered app that re-imagines what’s possible with smartphone photography and brings incredible Photoshop magic directly to the point of capture.
It offers a wide array of awesome filters and effects to help you take great selfies, food, and scenery photos. What’s great about it is that it doesn’t require any Photoshop skills. All you need is your creativity and imagination.
Check out the video below to sneak peek of what this new app has to offer.
PHOTOSHOP CAMERA APP FEATURES:
- FUN WITH FILTERS: Apply Photoshop filters and effects with just one tap. With over 80 custom filters, it’s easy to swap them in and out and save your favorites to use again and again. The filter library includes: Portrait, Studio Light, Bloom, Pop Art, Spectrum, Desync, Food, Scenery, Natural Skies, Analog, Night Shift, Comic Skies, Interstellar, Dreamcatcher, Celestial, Supersize, Double Expo, Prism, Color Echo, Mixed Media, Blue Skies, Artful, and more.
- REAL-TIME PHOTOSHOP EFFECTS: Take a better picture with the magic of Photoshop and AI-powered editing.
- AUTO-TONE: Photoshop Camera gets “real life” right with no more extreme differences between areas of brightness and shadow.
- CONTENT-AWARE RECOMMENDATIONS: Pick your shot and Photoshop Camera does the rest. It knows which effects to apply to get the best result, so there’s no more fuss when it comes to the right lighting and focus.
- PORTRAIT CONTROLS (Bokeh, Face Distance, Face Light, Face Relighting): The Face Light feature in Photoshop Camera optimizes for lighting, eliminating the appearance of any sharp shadows (read: no more under-eye bags). For group selfies, Photoshop Camera recognizes where each subject is positioned so there’s no more distortion. And the Bokeh feature makes it easy to quickly apply blurring effects.
- INFLUENCER-INSPIRED LENSES: See yourself through the eyes of your favorite creators by using their custom-designed lenses. New lenses and effects are added all the time so there’s always something to discover.
- BUILT FOR SOCIAL: Easily capture and share high-quality photos to your favorite social network.
Aside from the wide array of Instagram-worthy effects and filters, Photoshop Camera also provides a few editing tools like auto-tone and distortion removal. You can also adjust the Shadow, Highlight, Clarity, Vibrance, Exposure, Contrast, Whites, Blacks, and Saturation.
I know this isn’t for everyone, but if you’re a fan of effects, filters, and sharing photos on social media then Photoshop Camera is definitely for you or something you should check out.
Photoshop Camera version 1.0 is available to download from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Take note, although Photoshop Camera is FREE and works on both Android & iOS, it only works for recent smartphone models. I tried downloading and installing it on my Samsung Galaxy A50 but got this error message “This app isn’t compatible with your device anymore. Contact the developers for more info.”
Thankfully, there’s a way to bypass that and it’s by downloading the apk from APKMirror and sideloading it on your Android device.
Anyone here installed and tried out the new Photoshop Camera app? How do you like it so far? Would you use it for your photos or use the built-in filters on apps like Instagram or Snapchat? Please share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.