A few weeks back, I noticed that every time my laptop booted up or restarted that it would display this error message “IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck“. I’m not very sure what caused it but I think it had something to do with some VAIO updates that I installed a few days prior to seeing the error message. I didn’t notice any problems or issues caused by this error, except that it was annoying to see it every time I booted up my computer.
So I went online and tried to check what could be causing this error and what could be done to solve it. I found the solution in one of the forums (forgot which one) and wanted to share it here for anyone else who might experience the same problem with the “IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck” error message.
By the way, my laptop is a Sony VAIO ultrabook running a 64-bit version of Windows 8 so this guide is for other users using a similar configuration.
The following procedure involves editing the registry. Please proceed with caution and use this guide at your own risk.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32 and check if you have the iolorgdf64.exe file.
- On your keyboard, press “Windows + R“.
- Type in “regedit” (without the quotes).
- Go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager“
- Look for an entry with the value “autocheck autochk *” or “iolorgdf32“
- Change the value “iolorgdf32” to “iolorgdf64” (replace “32” with “64”).
- Click OK and Restart your computer.
- When Windows boots up, let the IOLO program run. Don’t interrupt it by pressing any key.
Once it’s done, that’s it. You won’t see that error message again the next time you boot up your computer. Unless of course you restore your computer to factory settings or reformat your computer and reinstall Windows.
Btw, some guides or solutions posted on the Internet suggest deleting the registry entry. My advice is, DO NOT DELETE it as it may cause other issues or problems. The program was designed to run on your system. The error message shows up because of the wrong file path. All you need to do is follow the guide above to correct the file path and the error message will go away.
I hope these quick and easy steps helped you solve the “IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck” error message. If you found this guide useful, please don’t forget to share with your family and friends. Thank you!