HowTo: Fix “IOLORGDF32 Program Not Found Skip Autocheck” Error on Windows 8

A few weeks back, I noticed that every time my laptop booted up or restarted that it would display this error message “IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck“. I’m not very sure what caused it but I think it had something to do with some VAIO updates that I installed a few days prior to seeing the error message. I didn’t notice any problems or issues caused by this error, except that it was annoying to see it every time I booted up my computer.

So I went online and tried to check what could be causing this error and what could be done to solve it. I found the solution in one of the forums (forgot which one) and wanted to share it here for anyone else who might experience the same problem with the “IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck” error message. Btw, my laptop is a Sony VAIO ultrabook running a 64-bit version of Windows 8 so this guide is for other users using the same configuration.

The following procedure involves editing the registry. Please proceed with caution and use this guide at your own risk.

STEPS:

• Go to C:\Windows\System32 and check if you have the iolorgdf64.exe file.
  • On your keyboard, press “Windows + R“.
  • Type in “regedit” (without the quotes).
  • Go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
  • Look for an entry with the value “autocheck autochk *” or “iolorgdf32
  • Change the value “iolorgdf32” to “iolorgdf64” (replace “32” with “64”).
  • Click OK and Restart your computer.
  • When Windows boots up, let the IOLO program run. Don’t interrupt it by pressing any key.

Once it’s done, that’s it. You won’t see that error message again the next time you boot up your computer. Unless of course you restore your computer to factory settings or reformat your computer and reinstall Windows.

Btw, some guides or solutions posted on the Internet suggest to delete the registry entry. My advice is, DO NOT DELETE it as it may cause other issues or problems. The program was designed to run on your system. The error message shows up because of a wrong file path. All you need to do is follow the guide above to correct the file path and the error message will go away.

Hope these quick and easy steps helped you solve the “IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck” error message. If you found this guide useful, please don’t forget to share with your family and friends. Thank you!

1. Hima mahesh

January 8, 2017 at 5:10 AM

I have the same problem “iolorgdf32 file not found-skip auto check”
    I have followed the given steps but i did’t find “autocheck autochk *” or “iolorgdf32“, can you please help me

2. Ramesh

December 11, 2016 at 10:14 AM

JP Habardas, I was getting iolorgdf32 error message. I replaced “32 with 64” as you suggested. I don’t get the error message any more. Thank you.

3. sanjay

November 26, 2016 at 5:49 AM

Thank you very much for your timely help. My computer had become really slow coz of this. Thanks a lot again.

4. VIKASH

July 9, 2016 at 5:37 AM

Thank you Sir. The information was really helpful. The problem is solved.
    Thanks again.
    Vikash

5. vigneswaran

July 8, 2016 at 2:59 AM

Thank u jaypee…now there is no issues while startup my laptop

6. VK

May 26, 2016 at 7:56 AM

Hi JP
    I didn’t find any entry / file in System Manager.
    In such case what should I do?

• Abraham

June 29, 2016 at 11:58 AM

Hi bro, when u come into system manager, dont search a case, simply see the file on right, u can search boot execute there

7. Ansa Khan

May 18, 2016 at 7:40 AM

Thank you for your simplification of this most annoying problem.
    Thank you too for taking the time to post your solution so the rest of us won’t have to face the tireless searches you did.
    God bless.

8. Stanley

May 9, 2016 at 6:32 PM

I deleted the iolordgf32 thinking that would solve my problem, but my system randomly shuts off and gives no error now. How can I fix this?

May 10, 2016 at 9:53 AM

Stanley – some tutorials in the Internet suggest deleting it but if you read my post, I don’t suggest doing that because it can cause other issues like the one you’re having right now.

your options would be to 1. get a copy of the iolordgf32 file from a similar machine like yours (same brand/model/operating system) or 2. back up your files and then reformat your computer.

9. KMef

April 15, 2016 at 4:14 PM

Thank you so much for this, deleting in regedit makes me extremely nervous. This was actually an easy-to-use fix and I backed up the registry just in case! You rock!!

April 15, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Hi KMef, you’re welcome! Good to know that you found this tutorial easy and helpful. :D

10. Chitalu M.

April 10, 2016 at 6:35 AM

Thanks JayPee,
    It worked like a charm :).

Chitalu,
    Zambia.

April 10, 2016 at 11:55 AM

Hi Chitalu, you’re most welcome! Glad to know that this simple tutorial was able to help you.

11. Arathi

April 4, 2016 at 12:05 PM

Thanks for sharing this information. It really works.

April 6, 2016 at 7:18 PM

You’re welcome! Glad to know that it worked for you.

12. Oo

March 29, 2016 at 1:30 PM

What should i do if my computer shows the skipping autocheck message and then it freeze in a black screen??
    Plzz help mee!

Thankss!

March 29, 2016 at 3:44 PM

What happens after the black screen appears? Does it go away after a while or do you have to restart the computer to make it go away?

Please try to follow the steps listed above but do it in Safe Mode. Most often you can do it by pressing F8 while the computer is booting up but some computer brands/models have a different way to do it.

13. Patty

January 13, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Thanks for sharing this tips, it really works.

January 13, 2016 at 11:12 PM

You’re most welcome! I’m happy that this tutorial was able to help you.

• Gurinder Singh

January 24, 2016 at 12:40 AM

Will it work for window 10 as well ??

February 25, 2016 at 1:39 PM

Gurinder – I’m not quite sure as I haven’t tried it or experienced this issue on my Windows 10 installation.

14. frankN

December 21, 2015 at 4:30 AM

Many thanks. Fixed it !
    New Laptop,I followed Sony instruction to allow their ‘updates’ to system then I started seeing the “iolorgdf32” error and Boot-up taking 90+ secs.
    Changed it to ‘…64’, Boot now back down to 7 secs.
    But, why should we have to mess with internal settings ?

December 21, 2015 at 12:30 PM

You’re welcome! Glad to know it helped you.

Sometimes the manufacturer (in this case Sony), release general update instructions and maybe not realize that it may have different results for different OS versions.

15. Anna Pelt

November 27, 2015 at 12:41 AM

Hi JP,

Thanks for the information, I think it worked for me too (eventually).
    Only for computer illiterates like me you go too fast!
    Please add that after “Windows + R” you have to type “regedit” and thén go to HKEY_etcetera! There double click “BootExecute” and thén alter “64” in “32”.
    I also got a message after this alteration: “Data of type REG_MULTI_SZ cannot contain empty strings. Registry Editor will remove the empty string found.” As I didn’t understand this but supposed it was OK, I clicked [OK].
    After rebooting the IOLO started to work and now the message has disappeared. So I think I’m fine now.

Problem for me, coinciding with the “autocheck” message at start-up, was also that shutting down took considerable time the last few days, and this seems to be fixed as well.

So thanks again but please have some consideration and patience with all the not-so-geeks of this world :)

Bye, Anna

December 7, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Hi Anna,

Glad to know that this tutorial was able to help you. Thank you for taking the time to drop by and remind me about adding the “regedit” part. I dunno how I could’ve missed that. I’ve already edited the post and included it so that it would be easier to follow for future users.

Have a nice day!

16. Ashutosh Kumar

September 23, 2015 at 3:24 PM

thanks for sharing your tips..it really worked for my sony vaio svf15a13snb

September 23, 2015 at 5:22 PM

You’re welcome! Glad you found the tip useful.

17. Zara

September 1, 2015 at 3:59 PM

OMG! Thank you sooooooooooooo much! I had this error for a year and it was freaking me out!
    Thanks for ur help again!

September 2, 2015 at 10:05 PM

You’re most welcome! Glad to know that this tutorial was able to help you. :)

18. Nae

July 5, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Hi I had the same problem with Alejandro and I tried your reply with him. Now my problem is I cant find the iolorgdf32 in the session manager in regedit. only in the system32. Help. Thanks

19. vicky

April 12, 2015 at 11:53 AM

it’s really working bro…

April 12, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Glad to know it worked for you. :)

• Dr.R.K.Rajan

April 28, 2015 at 9:12 AM

Thank you JP.It really worked.

April 28, 2015 at 6:00 PM

You’re welcome Dr. Rajan! I’m happy to know that this simple tutorial helped you. Btw, thanks for liking JaypeeOnline on Facebook. Have a nice day!

20. Dr Jordan

February 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM

I followed your steps and found that there was no iolorgdf32, there was that file with 64 yet I am still getting that 32 error message. any ideas?

March 25, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Sorry for the late reply. Your comment was also flagged as spam. Anyways, so you’re saying that the file you have on your system is the iolorgdf64 version? If that’s the case, did you proceed to the next step which is to open regedit and look for “autocheck autochk *” or “iolorgdf32“ from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager?

21. Alejandro

January 20, 2015 at 9:24 AM

I found the “iolorgdf64.exe” file (highlighted in blue) yet still receiving the error, but I did not find the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Sesion Manager“.

I do not know how to proceed.

March 25, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Sorry for the late reply. Your comment was flagged as spam. Session Manager should be there, maybe you just didn’t follow the same path. Can you please take a screenshot of regedit while trying to access Session Manager?

• Alejandro

March 28, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Thank you for your help JP.
        I think I followed the steps correctly but I might messed up along the way. Anyway here are some screen shots of the road blocks I found.

I cannot find the “autocheck autochk *” or “iolorgdf32“ entry value.

April 1, 2015 at 5:35 PM

You’re most welcome Alejandro! Btw, I can see that you have the iolorgdf64.exe file on your system.

When you try to access “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Sesion Manager“ on regedit, make sure that you click or select the “Session Manager” folder. If you’re sure that selecting it still doesn’t show anything except the (Default) string value, then you could try to manually add the autocheck line.

However, you have to be sure that you do it correctly and do not edit or delete other data on your regedit. If you’re not comfortable doing this, just let me know and we’ll try to find another way to do it.

• Alejandro

July 9, 2015 at 8:43 PM

We should try to create a video tutorial!

I did not have time to look into the issue again, but now I am determined to fix it.

PS: My computer has been running just fine.

22. Suzette

January 19, 2014 at 7:30 AM

JayPee…I just want to thank you SO MUCH for this helpful advice. It worked exactly as you indicate above. The autocheck iolorgdf32 file was in the Users file and I updated it like you indicated to iolorgdf64 since that was the system file I had. Worked like a charm. After I leave your site, I am going straight to Sony’s facebook page and share your site. I am also going to give SONY a piece of what little mind I have left. They wanted to sell me a program that would help with this removed file. They removed it with the last Sony VAIO care update 8. GREAT WORK JAY PEE

January 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Glad I could be of help to you and others who have this encountered this problem. :)

23. RAJ

January 14, 2014 at 9:07 PM

bro i cannot find

autocheck autochk *” or “iolorgdf32“

what should i do.. help me please

24. Phillip Sloan

September 13, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Thanks for sharing the info for the fix. I do not find iolordgf32 file. Could you please send me a copy?
    Thanks again,