A few weeks back, I noticed that every time my laptop booted up or restarted that it would display this error message “IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck“. I’m not very sure what caused it but I think it had something to do with some VAIO updates that I installed a few days prior to seeing the error message. I didn’t notice any problems or issues caused by this error, except that it was annoying to see it every time I booted up my computer.

So I went online and tried to check what could be causing this error and what could be done to solve it. I found the solution in one of the forums (forgot which one) and wanted to share it here for anyone else who might experience the same problem with the “IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck” error message.

By the way, my laptop is a Sony VAIO ultrabook running a 64-bit version of Windows 8 so this guide is for other users using a similar configuration.

The following procedure involves editing the registry. Please proceed with caution and use this guide at your own risk.

STEPS:

• Go to C:\Windows\System32 and check if you have the iolorgdf64.exe file.
  • On your keyboard, press “Windows + R“.
  • Type in “regedit” (without the quotes).
  • Go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
  • Look for an entry with the value “autocheck autochk *” or “iolorgdf32
  • Change the value “iolorgdf32” to “iolorgdf64” (replace “32” with “64”).
  • Click OK and Restart your computer.
  • When Windows boots up, let the IOLO program run. Don’t interrupt it by pressing any key.

Once it’s done, that’s it. You won’t see that error message again the next time you boot up your computer. Unless of course you restore your computer to factory settings or reformat your computer and reinstall Windows.

Btw, some guides or solutions posted on the Internet suggest deleting the registry entry. My advice is, DO NOT DELETE it as it may cause other issues or problems. The program was designed to run on your system. The error message shows up because of the wrong file path. All you need to do is follow the guide above to correct the file path and the error message will go away.

I hope these quick and easy steps helped you solve the “IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck” error message. If you found this guide useful, please don’t forget to share with your family and friends. Thank you!

JaypeeOnline is supported by its audience. When you click on the advertisements or purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

Share:

administrator

Owner and editor of JaypeeOnline. Self-proclaimed geek. New media writer and consultant. WordPress advocate. Loves blogging, gadgets, video games and sports. You can follow him on Facebook or Twitter.

• Gar, May 28, 2020 @ 8:36 PM Reply

I'm confused. If the msg says "iolorgdf32 program not found – skip autocheck" and then you search the registry for this file and it comes up to be changed from 32 to 64, then the file is there. So why does the system say it isn't? I get this msg too but there is no iolorgdf32 to be found at all nor the iolorgdf64.

• JP Habaradas, June 4, 2020 @ 8:45 PM Reply

Hi Gar, I’m not sure why that is happening. Did you try to restart your computer and follow the suggested steps again?
      Also, are you still getting the error message or not?

• dharmender dagar, August 6, 2018 @ 2:09 AM Reply

this trick solve my problem.
    thanks.

• JP Habaradas, June 4, 2020 @ 8:45 PM Reply

Glad it worked for you. You’re welcome!

• King, August 5, 2017 @ 8:55 AM Reply

Thanks..it did work

• duck, March 11, 2017 @ 6:56 AM Reply

Thank you so much it worked.

• Hima mahesh, January 8, 2017 @ 5:10 AM Reply

I have the same problem “iolorgdf32 file not found-skip auto check”
    I have followed the given steps but i did’t find “autocheck autochk *” or “iolorgdf32“, can you please help me

• Ramesh, December 11, 2016 @ 10:14 AM Reply

JP Habardas, I was getting iolorgdf32 error message. I replaced “32 with 64” as you suggested. I don’t get the error message any more. Thank you.

• sanjay, November 26, 2016 @ 5:49 AM Reply

Thank you very much for your timely help. My computer had become really slow coz of this. Thanks a lot again.

• VIKASH, July 9, 2016 @ 5:37 AM Reply

Thank you Sir. The information was really helpful. The problem is solved.
    Thanks again.
    Vikash

• vigneswaran, July 8, 2016 @ 2:59 AM Reply

Thank u jaypee…now there is no issues while startup my laptop

• VK, May 26, 2016 @ 7:56 AM Reply

Hi JP
    I didn’t find any entry / file in System Manager.
    In such case what should I do?

• Abraham, June 29, 2016 @ 11:58 AM Reply

Hi bro, when u come into system manager, dont search a case, simply see the file on right, u can search boot execute there

• Ansa Khan, May 18, 2016 @ 7:40 AM Reply

Thank you for your simplification of this most annoying problem.
    Thank you too for taking the time to post your solution so the rest of us won’t have to face the tireless searches you did.
    God bless.

• JP Habaradas, June 4, 2020 @ 8:36 PM Reply

You’re welcome Ansa. Glad that this simple tutorial was able to help you. God bless you too.

• Stanley, May 9, 2016 @ 6:32 PM Reply

I deleted the iolordgf32 thinking that would solve my problem, but my system randomly shuts off and gives no error now. How can I fix this?

• JP Habaradas, May 10, 2016 @ 9:53 AM Reply

Stanley – some tutorials in the Internet suggest deleting it but if you read my post, I don’t suggest doing that because it can cause other issues like the one you’re having right now.

your options would be to 1. get a copy of the iolordgf32 file from a similar machine like yours (same brand/model/operating system) or 2. back up your files and then reformat your computer.

• KMef, April 15, 2016 @ 4:14 PM Reply

Thank you so much for this, deleting in regedit makes me extremely nervous. This was actually an easy-to-use fix and I backed up the registry just in case! You rock!!

• JP Habaradas, April 15, 2016 @ 4:59 PM Reply

Hi KMef, you’re welcome! Good to know that you found this tutorial easy and helpful. :D

• Chitalu M., April 10, 2016 @ 6:35 AM Reply

Thanks JayPee,
    It worked like a charm :).

Chitalu,
    Zambia.

• JP Habaradas, April 10, 2016 @ 11:55 AM Reply

Hi Chitalu, you’re most welcome! Glad to know that this simple tutorial was able to help you.

• Arathi, April 4, 2016 @ 12:05 PM Reply

Thanks for sharing this information. It really works.

• JP Habaradas, April 6, 2016 @ 7:18 PM Reply

You’re welcome! Glad to know that it worked for you.

• Oo, March 29, 2016 @ 1:30 PM Reply

What should i do if my computer shows the skipping autocheck message and then it freeze in a black screen??
    Plzz help mee!

Thankss!

• JP Habaradas, March 29, 2016 @ 3:44 PM Reply

What happens after the black screen appears? Does it go away after a while or do you have to restart the computer to make it go away?

Please try to follow the steps listed above but do it in Safe Mode. Most often you can do it by pressing F8 while the computer is booting up but some computer brands/models have a different way to do it.

• Patty, January 13, 2016 @ 10:02 PM Reply

Thanks for sharing this tips, it really works.

• JP Habaradas, January 13, 2016 @ 11:12 PM Reply

You’re most welcome! I’m happy that this tutorial was able to help you.

• Gurinder Singh, January 24, 2016 @ 12:40 AM Reply

Will it work for window 10 as well ??

• JP Habaradas, February 25, 2016 @ 1:39 PM Reply

Gurinder – I’m not quite sure as I haven’t tried it or experienced this issue on my Windows 10 installation.

• frankN, December 21, 2015 @ 4:30 AM Reply

Many thanks. Fixed it !
    New Laptop,I followed Sony instruction to allow their ‘updates’ to system then I started seeing the “iolorgdf32” error and Boot-up taking 90+ secs.
    Changed it to ‘…64’, Boot now back down to 7 secs.
    But, why should we have to mess with internal settings ?

• JP Habaradas, December 21, 2015 @ 12:30 PM Reply

You’re welcome! Glad to know it helped you.

Sometimes the manufacturer (in this case Sony), release general update instructions and maybe not realize that it may have different results for different OS versions.

• Anna Pelt, November 27, 2015 @ 12:41 AM Reply

Hi JP,

Thanks for the information, I think it worked for me too (eventually).
    Only for computer illiterates like me you go too fast!
    Please add that after “Windows + R” you have to type “regedit” and thén go to HKEY_etcetera! There double click “BootExecute” and thén alter “64” in “32”.
    I also got a message after this alteration: “Data of type REG_MULTI_SZ cannot contain empty strings. Registry Editor will remove the empty string found.” As I didn’t understand this but supposed it was OK, I clicked [OK].
    After rebooting the IOLO started to work and now the message has disappeared. So I think I’m fine now.

Problem for me, coinciding with the “autocheck” message at start-up, was also that shutting down took considerable time the last few days, and this seems to be fixed as well.

So thanks again but please have some consideration and patience with all the not-so-geeks of this world :)

Bye, Anna

• JP Habaradas, December 7, 2015 @ 11:43 AM Reply

Hi Anna,

Glad to know that this tutorial was able to help you. Thank you for taking the time to drop by and remind me about adding the “regedit” part. I dunno how I could’ve missed that. I’ve already edited the post and included it so that it would be easier to follow for future users.

Have a nice day!

• Ashutosh Kumar, September 23, 2015 @ 3:24 PM Reply

thanks for sharing your tips..it really worked for my sony vaio svf15a13snb

• JP Habaradas, September 23, 2015 @ 5:22 PM Reply

You’re welcome! Glad you found the tip useful.

• Zara, September 1, 2015 @ 3:59 PM Reply

OMG! Thank you sooooooooooooo much! I had this error for a year and it was freaking me out!
    Thanks for ur help again!

• JP Habaradas, September 2, 2015 @ 10:05 PM Reply

You’re most welcome! Glad to know that this tutorial was able to help you. :)

• Nae, July 5, 2015 @ 8:14 AM Reply

Hi I had the same problem with Alejandro and I tried your reply with him. Now my problem is I cant find the iolorgdf32 in the session manager in regedit. only in the system32. Help. Thanks

• vicky, April 12, 2015 @ 11:53 AM Reply

it’s really working bro…

• JP Habaradas, April 12, 2015 @ 7:58 PM Reply

Glad to know it worked for you. :)

• Dr.R.K.Rajan, April 28, 2015 @ 9:12 AM Reply

Thank you JP.It really worked.

• JP Habaradas, April 28, 2015 @ 6:00 PM Reply

You’re welcome Dr. Rajan! I’m happy to know that this simple tutorial helped you. Btw, thanks for liking JaypeeOnline on Facebook. Have a nice day!

• Dr Jordan, February 16, 2015 @ 4:44 PM Reply

I followed your steps and found that there was no iolorgdf32, there was that file with 64 yet I am still getting that 32 error message. any ideas?

• JP Habaradas, March 25, 2015 @ 8:28 PM Reply

Sorry for the late reply. Your comment was also flagged as spam. Anyways, so you’re saying that the file you have on your system is the iolorgdf64 version? If that’s the case, did you proceed to the next step which is to open regedit and look for “autocheck autochk *” or “iolorgdf32“ from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager?

• Alejandro, January 20, 2015 @ 9:24 AM Reply

I found the “iolorgdf64.exe” file (highlighted in blue) yet still receiving the error, but I did not find the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Sesion Manager“.

I do not know how to proceed.

• JP Habaradas, March 25, 2015 @ 8:25 PM Reply

Sorry for the late reply. Your comment was flagged as spam. Session Manager should be there, maybe you just didn’t follow the same path. Can you please take a screenshot of regedit while trying to access Session Manager?

• Alejandro, March 28, 2015 @ 12:09 PM Reply

Thank you for your help JP.
        I think I followed the steps correctly but I might messed up along the way. Anyway here are some screen shots of the road blocks I found.

I cannot find the “autocheck autochk *” or “iolorgdf32“ entry value.

• JP Habaradas, April 1, 2015 @ 5:35 PM Reply

You’re most welcome Alejandro! Btw, I can see that you have the iolorgdf64.exe file on your system.

When you try to access “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Sesion Manager“ on regedit, make sure that you click or select the “Session Manager” folder. If you’re sure that selecting it still doesn’t show anything except the (Default) string value, then you could try to manually add the autocheck line.

However, you have to be sure that you do it correctly and do not edit or delete other data on your regedit. If you’re not comfortable doing this, just let me know and we’ll try to find another way to do it.

• Alejandro, July 9, 2015 @ 8:43 PM

We should try to create a video tutorial!

I did not have time to look into the issue again, but now I am determined to fix it.

PS: My computer has been running just fine.

• Suzette, January 19, 2014 @ 7:30 AM Reply

JayPee…I just want to thank you SO MUCH for this helpful advice. It worked exactly as you indicate above. The autocheck iolorgdf32 file was in the Users file and I updated it like you indicated to iolorgdf64 since that was the system file I had. Worked like a charm. After I leave your site, I am going straight to Sony’s facebook page and share your site. I am also going to give SONY a piece of what little mind I have left. They wanted to sell me a program that would help with this removed file. They removed it with the last Sony VAIO care update 8. GREAT WORK JAY PEE

• JP Habaradas, January 25, 2014 @ 8:29 PM Reply

Glad I could be of help to you and others who have this encountered this problem. :)

• RAJ, January 14, 2014 @ 9:07 PM Reply

bro i cannot find

autocheck autochk *” or “iolorgdf32“

what should i do.. help me please

• Phillip Sloan, September 13, 2013 @ 4:35 AM Reply

Thanks for sharing the info for the fix. I do not find iolordgf32 file. Could you please send me a copy?
    Thanks again,