UPDATE: There was a slight delay with the acquisition of the new hosting account so I wasn’t able to do the migration yesterday, so I’m doing it right now. Btw, I’ve temporarily disabled comments on all posts and will enable it as soon as the DNS settings have been fully propagated. So if you wish to leave a comment, please wait until I’ve enabled it again. Thanks for your kind consideration!
I’m leaving the temple, Media Temple that is. Tomorrow, April 29th, I’ll be moving JaypeeOnline to its new hosting provider and I just want to give you guys a heads up that the site may be inaccessible for 24-48 hours (time to propagate the DNS settings) depending on your location. I will let you know who my new hosting provider is and more details as soon as I make the move.
Anyways, you might be curious as to why I’m making the move and leaving Media Temple. First of all, I’d like to say that my experience with Media Temple was far better than what I had with DreamHost. Media Temple’s services and customer support were way better. They had free phone support and a toll-free number that I can call here in the US, unlike DreamHost where you had to pay extra to get phone support. Their customer representatives or customer support were very friendly and helpful. I’m experiencing some issues not receiving trackbacks/pingbacks for my blog posts and I suspect that it’s got something to do with some settings on Media Temple’s servers.
So why exactly am I leaving them? It’s not because of the technical difficulty I had recently experienced. Inspite of the good service and customer support, i encounter frequent uptime problems in this blog. Not that it’s a really bad problem or something like what I experienced with DreamHost. But I noticed that in the past couple of months, the instances of my blog being down due to server issues, getting a 505 Internal Server Error or sluggish page load times even for my WordPress Dashboard were becoming more frequent. I didn’t have any of these problems in the first few months I was with them.
It came to a point where I’ve decided that I need to find and try a different and more reliable hosting provider. I also didn’t want to wait until the situation got worse before I make the move.
That’s it folks. Just wanted to share that with you. Thank you for your time and I apologize for any inconvenience that will be caused by the downtime. Please give it a few hours for the DNS settings to properly propagate and everything will be back to normal.