This will be the first time for me to do something like this for my blog. I’m not doing this because I’m just following what other bloggers are doing but rather, I’m doing this so I will have something to motivate me to do my best, improve on my strengths and work on the weaknesses to further improve JaypeeOnline. Since this is my first blog goals post, I don’t have anything to compare it to so I’m setting these goals based on the current statistics and set some “ideal” goals for me and my blog.
1. Reach at least 500 RSS subscribers (currently at 300+).
2. Increase the average daily blog traffic (pageviews and unique visitors).
3. Increase the monthly earnings on Adsense and other affiliate networks.
4. Increase the posting frequency to 6 or 7 weekly posts.
5. Get the blog’s Google PageRank back to 4 (currently at PR 2).
6. Get back within Alexa’s top 100,000.
7. Have guest bloggers write for JaypeeOnline.
8. Improve the community around JaypeeOnline.
9. Continue the Weekend Roundup feature.
10. Host a group writing project (You can share any good topic that you have in mind).
11. Release a free WordPress theme.
12. Have more blog contests/giveaway.
13, Attend a WordPress WordCamp or a Blog World Expo.
14. Attend the 2009 Philippine Blog Awards (more of a wish).
Even though a few of the goals are a little difficult or a bit too high for me, I believe that if I do my best and with your help, I would be able to accomplish all or most of these goals by the end of this year. If you haven’t subscribed to JaypeeOnline’s RSS feed yet, you can help me accomplish my first goal sooner by subscribing via RSS reader or receive RSS updates via email.
How about you? Have you also set up any blog goals or maybe personal goals for 2009? Care to share it with us? Maybe we can help each other accomplish our goals.