Guess who’s back, back again, Jaypee’s back, Tell a friend, guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back…hehe I know it’s cheesy but anyways, I just wanted you guys to know that I’m back.

Yes folks, I’m back! Being away from blogging and the blogosphere for almost 3 months seemed like an eternity. I’m sure most of you are wondering what happened to me or where I’ve been. Well its been really hectic these past couple of months for me. First, my parents came from the Philippines, then my in-laws from Maryland, then my sister-in-law and her family from Indonesia came too. It was a family reunion of sorts. Having guests, especially family means having to go out a lot like visit relatives and friends, eating out, seeing places and stuff. So the months of June and July was basically spent on those activities.

Just when I was really looking forward to get back to blogging I had another setback. Actually, I’ve been having minor problems or issues with it after I updated it to Windows Vista Service Pack 1. I started getting the dreaded BSOD (blue screen of death) everytime I restarted my computer or after it booted up from hibernate mode. At first, I was able to fix it by doing a System Restore but this time, even that failed. Even though I knew that the problem was caused by a conflict with one of the device drivers I couldn’t do anything because I couldn’t even boot in Safe Mode and try to update the device drivers.

I could’ve reformatted it and reinstalled Vista easily but the problem was I didn’t have any backups for some of the files that I had in my laptop. I know I always talk about the importance of backups and for this instance, I didn’t practice what I preached. It’s quite a long and complicated story but to make it short, I bought an external hard drive and a hd enclosure, backed up my files, reformatted my hard drive, reinstalled all the programs and configurations and got my computer back working.

Even though it was quite an ordeal, for me it was a blessing in disguise because I learned some new things during this experience and I was also able to do something that I’ve always wanted to do when I first got this laptop. I was able to make my laptop do a dual boot of Windows Vista and Ubuntu. I installed Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop Edition without having to create a partition. How did I do that? I’ll talk about that and other things like customizing my desktop to look like a Mac on future posts so watch out for it.

Anyways, in the next few days I’ll be busy replying to your emails and comments, blog hopping and of course coming up with new posts. I’m also thinking of a site redesign or new blog theme but I guess that could wait. Lastly, I’d like to express my heartfelt thanks to you my regular readers and blogging friends for your continued support, patience and understanding. Have a nice day everyone and thank you for your time!

JaypeeOnline is supported by its audience. When you click on the advertisements or purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

Share:

administrator

Owner and editor of JaypeeOnline. Self-proclaimed geek. New media writer and consultant. WordPress advocate. Loves blogging, gadgets, video games and sports. You can follow him on Facebook or Twitter.

• JP Habaradas, September 23, 2008 @ 11:00 AM

@yuga – Ei, didn’t expect you to be here..anyways, I’m sure I received your email but haven’t replied to it yet. I’m not even done sorting through my inbox after being offline for 2 months. Btw, what was it about? If you can’t discuss it here, just send me an email or send the previous email again. Thanks! :D

• yuga, September 23, 2008 @ 10:58 AM

hey, was wondering what happened to you. Did you get my earlier email?

yugas last blog post..Nokia N96 now out and priced!

• JP Habaradas, September 22, 2008 @ 5:05 PM

@McBilly – Thanks man, good to see you too! Online that is. :D

Yup, I was very busy for the months of June and July with all those family members coming over. But it was fun and worthwhile.

Thanks man! :)

• McBilly, September 22, 2008 @ 5:02 PM

Hey Jaypee! It’s great to see you again. Sounds like a very busy time for you accommodating family visitors from around the globe! Haha.

More power to you too man! :D

McBillys last blog post..Mr Cebu 2008 Takes Over Cebu

• JP Habaradas, September 10, 2008 @ 7:05 AM

@Hussein – Sure, it’s very easy. I’ll be posting about it soon so watch out for it. ;)

• Hussein, September 10, 2008 @ 7:03 AM

I want to learn Windows-Ubuntu with out partition.. :evil:

Husseins last blog post..Why Join Pepperjam Network

• JP Habaradas, September 8, 2008 @ 10:40 AM

@Nick – Hello my friend! Long time no hear. Yes, I was only goin places and eating at restaurants..hehe :D

• Nick, September 8, 2008 @ 10:38 AM

Welcome back! So you were just going out to restaurants and places? I was worried you might have gotten yourself a day job or something. :wink:

• JP Habaradas, September 8, 2008 @ 12:10 AM

@Ade – Yes I am! It’s all good actually, I learned new stuff coz of it. :D

• Ade, September 8, 2008 @ 12:07 AM

Jaypee is back! w00t!

Sorry to hear about your PC woes.

Ades last blog post..Links for 2008-09-07 [del.icio.us]

• JP Habaradas, September 6, 2008 @ 11:55 PM

@Ederic – Maraming salamat kaibigan! Na-miss ko rin kayo. :D

• Ederic, September 6, 2008 @ 11:51 PM

Maligayang pagbabalik. Na-miss ka namin. :-)

• JP Habaradas, September 6, 2008 @ 7:15 PM

@Lloyd – Thank you! :D

• JP Habaradas, September 6, 2008 @ 3:45 PM

@trench – Thanks dude! I’m glad to be back. :D

• Lloyd Lopez, September 6, 2008 @ 7:11 PM

Welcome back to blogging! :smile:

Lloyd Lopezs last blog post..Microsoft Mystery Mouse: ‘Say Goodbye to Laser’

• trench, September 6, 2008 @ 3:42 PM

Welcome back dude! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

trenchs last blog post..Natalie Portman’s Directorial Debut

• JP Habaradas, September 6, 2008 @ 7:05 AM

@Jay – Haha..that’s a good one. No I didn’t go to jail and if I did, I’d also use Twitter while crossing my fingers that it isn’t down. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. :D

• JP Habaradas, September 6, 2008 @ 6:00 AM

@jireh – Thank you! :)

• jireh, September 6, 2008 @ 5:55 AM

yow! manong jaypeeeeeee! weeeeebeeee :) :lol: :grin:

jirehs last blog post..The Search Is On…

• JP Habaradas, September 6, 2008 @ 5:50 AM

@jhay – Haha..oo nga sa wakas nakabalik din ako sa blogging. You got that right, I’ve got LOTS of catching up to do! :D

• jhay, September 6, 2008 @ 5:46 AM

Sa wakas! Welcome back dude! You sure got a lot of catching up to do, :lol:

• Jay, September 6, 2008 @ 7:03 AM

And I thought you failed to get out of jail through Twitter…

Jays last blog post..No Internet Makes You Sick

• JP Habaradas, September 5, 2008 @ 11:15 PM

@Dexter – Thanks buddy! Btw, congratulations on being one of the finalists in the Technology category for the 2008 Philippine Blog Awards. :)

• Dexter | Tech At Hand Dot Net, September 5, 2008 @ 11:12 PM

Good to see you back Jaypee. :razz:

Dexter | Tech At Hand Dot Nets last blog post..Word Camp Philippines and Matt Matt Mullenweg

• JP Habaradas, September 5, 2008 @ 4:15 PM

@bariles – Hi! Its nice to meet one of my regular readers and thank you for your continued support! :D

• bariles, September 5, 2008 @ 4:14 PM

Hi there! From one of your subscribers in the Tuna Capital, welcome back! :)

bariless last blog post..RD Group brings home Best Tuna Float plum

• JP Habaradas, September 5, 2008 @ 8:00 AM

@dimaks – The problem wasn’t the complicated, I only had to reformat and reinstall Vista via the restore cd but taking out the hard disk and backing up the files was the one that got complicated. One of the screws to the hard drive cover got busted so I couldn’t take it out. I had to drill it so I could take it out.

Anyways, I have a lot of blogging and catching up to do. See I’m even late in replying to comments. :D

• JP Habaradas, September 5, 2008 @ 7:10 AM

@Aldrin – Yes my friend, it’s really me. How you doing? :D

• JP Habaradas, September 5, 2008 @ 6:20 AM

@joie – Thanks man! It’s good to be back..glad to know that you’re still one of my regular readers. Btw, were you able to watch some Olympic games? God bless you and the family. :)

• joie, September 5, 2008 @ 4:16 AM

welcome back Jaypee.. i’ts good to see that your back on track.. although im not really religious on blogging my self but I enjoy reading a lot.. It’s good to have you back.

• dimaks, September 5, 2008 @ 7:57 AM

good thing you were able to get the fix for your computer.. now onto more blog posts and catching up hehe.

• Aldrin, September 5, 2008 @ 7:06 AM

I guess I know who's back. Is that really you?

Aldrins last blog post..How to Have Online Storage for Asus Eee PC 700 Series?

• JP Habaradas, September 4, 2008 @ 8:25 PM

@donalyza – Thank you! :D

• donalyza, September 4, 2008 @ 8:24 PM

WB Jaypee! :smile:

donalyzas last blog post..Clean Unable 46, Brother All in one Printer

• JP Habaradas, September 4, 2008 @ 8:15 PM

@Joni – I know..finally! hehe Thanks! :D

• JP Habaradas, September 4, 2008 @ 7:25 PM

@rhoen – Thanks kuya! :D

• Joni, September 4, 2008 @ 8:12 PM

Finally! WELCOME BACK!!! :smile: :wink: :grin:

Jonis last blog post..<a href="http://www.taintedsong.com/2008/09/05/wanted-blog-and-website-designer/">Wanted: Blog and Website Designer</a>

• rhoen, September 4, 2008 @ 7:21 PM

welcome back, jaypee!

rhoens last blog post..<a href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/insinto/chgo/~3/383369009/">Skywatch #6</a>

• JP Habaradas, September 4, 2008 @ 9:10 AM

@FruityOaty – Thanks for the very warm welcome my friend! :D

5 month hiatus? Yikes, that’s even worse than mine. Busy with work and other stuff eh? I guess it depends on our priorities in life, right? Maybe you can just blog every weekends and post even once a week. That would be enough to keep your blog alive and keep us fans happy. ;)

Btw, you can’t quit now. FruityOaty is one of the nominees for Blogger’s Choice Awards at the 2008 Philippine Blog Awards! :D Buti ka pa nga eh nominated. :P

Anyways, hope you can get back to blogging. Take care & God bless! :)

• FruityOaty, September 4, 2008 @ 9:07 AM

Jaypee! Yo, welcome back! Just wanted to be the first to welcome you back. Missed ya.

I haven’t been blogging either (still on a 5 and half months hiatus, yikes) or blog hopping/commenting much. I have not read my blog domain e-mail… 5 and half months of unread stuff (probably mostly spam, lol). Bad, bad me. I just wanted to turn off the offline world and concentrate on other stuff. I recently received my ‘free copy’ (well, it was free for me, yay) of Janette Toral’s new book “Blogging from Home”… starting to read it… and it’s inspiring me to want to blog again.