A couple days ago, video game publisher 2K Games announced an exciting new series of content for Civilization VI called New Frontier Pass. This new update which essentially is a season pass, will be available for PC, Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
NEW FRONTIER PASS ADD-ON DETAILS
New Frontier Pass contains six premium add-on packs or DLCS that will be released on a bi-monthly basis starting later this month, May 21 until March 2021. Here’s the complete list of the DLCs:
- Pack #1: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack. Adds two new civilizations and leaders, one new game mode*, new City-States, Resources, and Natural Wonders. Available May 2020.
- Pack #2: Ethiopia Pack. Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode**, one new District and two new Buildings. Available July 2020.
- Pack #3: Adds two new civilizations and leaders, one new game mode**, new World Wonders, and one new map. Available September 2020.
- Pack #4: Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode, new City-States, and numerous new Great People. Available November 2020.
- Pack #5: Adds one new civilization and two new leaders***, one new game mode, a new District, and two new Buildings. Available January 2021.
- Pack #6: Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode, new World Wonders, and one new map. Available March 2021.
Some of the new game modes released in New Frontier Pass will require specific expansions like Gathering Storm & Rise and Fall for it to work. In other words, make sure you read the update information and requirements thoroughly before making that purchase. Otherwise, if you already have both expansions, then you nothing to worry about.
If you’re not planning on getting the New Frontier Pass, don’t worry because 2K Games also announced that they will be releasing six additional free updates for all Civilization VI owners/players.
Aside from the six premium DLCs and free updates, the New Frontier Pass will include 2 Exclusive Bonus content: Teddy Roosevelt and Catherine De Medici persona packs. From the official blog post:
Two of Civilization VI’s leaders are transformed with a new look and new abilities when you lead America and France! “Rough Rider Teddy” excels at keeping the peace on his home continent, and “Magnificence Catherine” can use Luxuries to overwhelm the world with Culture and Tourism. Each Persona Pack contains a brand-new take on a favorite leader, with a new leader model and background, new gameplay bonuses, and an updated agenda that reflect the changes to the leader’s personality. The Persona Packs are available exclusively to owners of the New Frontier Pass and will be delivered with the second add-on pack.
I’m a casual gamer and right now, the only game I play is Civilization VI. I’m not really that excited about this new update unlike my 13-year old son who also plays the game. However, I will still get the New Frontier Pass so my son can play it and also for me to try it out. In addition, I’m also glad to see that instead of releasing a new version of the game, 2K Games is updating the current game with new features and content.
Anyone of you guys play Civilization VI? What are your thoughts on the New Frontier Pass? Are you going to get it or pass? What are you looking forward to in this new update – new civizations, new leaders, new game modes or something else? Please share your thoughts by leaving a comment below. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!