The past couple of months had been very “fruitful” and “rewarding” for my blog. As a reward to myself for the hardwork I’ve done, I decided to get myself a DSLR camera. A few months ago, I was thinking/planning of getting the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi aka Canon EOS 450D, but when the time came for me to pick out something to buy I changed my mind and opted for the Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i aka Canon EOS 500D.
I bought the Canon T1i online from BestBuy just like I did with most of the gadgets I purchased before. I got it for $799 with free 3-day shipping and got the package earlier today via UPS.
- 15.1 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- Full HD movie recording with HDMI connection for viewing and playback on an HDTV
- ISO 100-3200 (expandable to 12800)
- 3.4 frames per second continuous shooting
- Max. 170 large JPEG images in a single burst
- 3.0” ClearView LCD with Live View mode
- 9-point wide area AF with cross type centre point
- High speed DIGIC 4 performance and superb image quality
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- Full compatibility with Canon EF and EF-S lenses and EX-series Speedlites, including new Speedlite 270EX, TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
Since I only got it today, I haven’t been able to fully test it or take different types of shots. I’m not an expert photographer and I’m still a newbie to photography so this will be the start of a fun learning experience for me. Now that I have the Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i, I’ll have more and better photos to put up on the photoblog that I’ve been planning to start.
He doesn’t know it yet, but my cousin’s gonna be very happy because I’ll be passing on to him my old camera, the Canon Powershot S3 IS which is a very reliable camera and still in excellent condition.
Btw, you can read a more detailed review of the Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i or also known as the Canon EOS 500D over at dpreview.
[image source: BestBuy.com]