- 12x optical zoom lens with USM and UD lens element
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- 6.0 Megapixel CCD
- Larger size 2.0” Vari-angle LCD
- 30fps VGA movies with stereo sound and Photo in Movie feature
- DIGIC II, iSAPS and Flexizone AF/AE for fast, precise results and 2.3 fps continuous shooting performance
- 20 shooting modes and My Colors photo effects
- High ISO Auto and ISO 800 for low light flexibility
- Widescreen (16:9) recording
It’s not as powerful and as nice as the Canon EOS 400D Digital Rebel XTi that I have on my wishlist but after giving it much thought, I decided that I would be better off with this camera since I’m still an amateur photographer and still have a lot to learn in photography. I thought that this would be a good camera to start with in honing my photography skills. Btw, I also got a SANDISK 2 GB Ultra II SD card, to go with it.
So far I’ve only taken pictures of my wife and kid but haven’t tried it on other stuff like scenery and objects. I’m still getting myself used to the controls and different settings of this camera so it might take a while before I get nice photos to share. I also plan to setup a separate photo album once I have enough photos to upload.
You can read a detailed review of the Canon Powershot S3 IS over at dpreview.com
[image source: dpreview.com]