Verizon Wireless and HTC officially announced today the release of the HTC Imagio, which will be the carrier’s first smartphone to support the V Cast Mobile TV service. The HTC Imagio features Windows Mobile 6.5, a 3.6″ WVGA touchscreen display, a 528MHz Qualcomm processor, 512MB ROM/256MB RAM, a 5 megapixel camera CDMA and Quad-band GSM support just to name a few.
HTC Imagio Official Press Release
Here’s an unboxing and hands-on review video from SlashGear:
IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES for work and play WITH the HTC Imagio Exclusively from verizon wireless
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and BELLEVUE, Wash. — Verizon Wireless and HTC today introduce the HTC Imagioâ„¢, a stylish multimedia smartphone that combines an intuitive user interface with global roaming capabilities for data access in more than 185 destinations. Verizon Wireless’ first smartphone to support V CAST Mobile TV, the Imagio brings news, sports and entertainment from popular broadcast channels to life on its extra-large 3.6” color display. The HTC Imagio’s mobile productivity is made possible by Windows MobileÂ® 6.5. It is a WindowsÂ® phone that is engineered to keep customers connected to both entertainment and work.
- Global roaming capabilities with data access in more than 185 destinations (Quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 + 2100 HSPA).
- High-speed connectivity in the United States over Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network (CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A 800/1900 MHz).
- Support for Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g).
- Large 3.6” LCD touch-sensitive screen with 480 x 800 WVGA resolution.
- 3.5-mm audio jack and five quick launch buttons, including one-touch access to multimedia capabilities.
- On-screen QWERTY keyboard for fast and easy typing.
- 1500 mAh battery delivers extended operating time.
- Support for Verizon Wireless’ V CAST Mobile TV and V CAST Video on Demand services, while the Imagio’s V CAST Mobile TV antenna doubles as a convenient kickstand for easy, hands-free viewing.
- Support for Verizon Wireless’ V CAST Music with Rhapsody service gives customers access to millions of songs to download over the air; get the master copy of the songs on their PCs; and sync their favorite tracks, albums and playlists from their PCs to their phones using a separately-sold USB cable.
- Complete Windows MobileÂ® 6.5 Professional support with MicrosoftÂ® Office Mobile and Microsoft OfficeÂ® OutlookÂ® Mobile.
- Fully-customizable home screen with ability to add applications of interest.
- Integrated communications and seamless access to social networks.
- Intuitive HTC TouchFLOâ„¢ 3D interface to allow for easy navigation between menus.
- 5.0 megapixel camera with auto focus to capture memories with friends and family.
Price and Availability:
- The HTC Imagio will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning Oct. 6 and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning Oct. 20 for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Monthly access package for V CAST Mobile TV is $15 per month.
V CAST Mobile TV
As Verizon Wireless’ first smartphone to support V CAST Mobile TV, HTC Imagio customers can enjoy the best of broadcast and cable television programming — including live shows and other mobile television content — 24 hours a day from many of the best-known entertainment brands including Bravo, CBS, CBS College Sports, CBS News, CNBC, Comedy Central, ESPN, ESPNEWS, ESPN Radio, FOX, FOX News, FOX Sports, MSNBC, MTV, MTV Tr3Ìs, NBC, NBC Sports, NBC News, and Nickelodeon. The live mobile TV service is provided by FLO TV Incorporated. For the latest information on V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless, including programs, handsets, pricing and availability, visit the V CAST Mobile TV Web site at www.verizonwireless.com/mobiletv.
The HTC Imagio is no iPhone killer but it is a feature-packed smartphone that has a lot of features that can attract a lot of customers. The HTC Imagio will be available online on October 6th and in Verizon Wireless stores nationwide on October 20th and will retail for $199.99 with a new two-year contract and after a $100 mail-in rebate.