This is my entry for this month’s group writing project by ProBlogger. This project is open to all bloggers and if you wanna join, the rules for participating are very simple. You must stick to the topic of “Top 5”. You can write about anything under the sun, like your Top 5 TV shows, video games, celebrities, etc. The post can be in the form of a random rant, a list, pictures, video or even a podcast. This is not a contest but there will be a prize and aside from the prize there are other benefits from joining this project like finding new interesting blogs, more site traffic and lots of link love.

For my entry, I decided to make a list of the Top 5 Filipino Bloggers. I didn’t use Technorati rankings, Google Pageranks or any formula to come up with this list. I just went through the list of all Filipino and Filipina bloggers that I know of and chose the ones who I think have made a great impact and contribution in their own field. You can agree or disagree with me and I might have missed other excellent bloggers but nevertheless these bloggers, in my own opinion, are the ones I can consider as the Top 5 Filipino bloggers. Here’s my list in no particular order.

Bryan VelosoAvalonstar
Avalonstar

ChristineHappy Slip Productions
Happy Slip Productions

Abe OlandresYugatech
Yugatech

Derek Punsalan5ThirtyOne
5ThirtyOne

Manuel L. Quezon IIIManuel L. Quezon III
Manuel L. Quezon III

Feel free to leave a comment and share who you think deserves to be on this list as a Top Filipino Blogger. I was tempted to make it a Top 10 list but then it won’t be matching the theme of this project.

For more info about the group writing project, visit ProBlogger.

JaypeeOnline is supported by its audience. When you click on the advertisements or purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

Share:

administrator

Owner and editor of JaypeeOnline. Self-proclaimed geek. New media writer and consultant. WordPress advocate. Loves blogging, gadgets, video games and sports. You can follow him on Facebook or Twitter.

• Ronald Redito, March 26, 2010 @ 12:59 AM Reply

Do you have an updated list of the top 5 or 10 pinoy bloggers?

• JP Habaradas, July 23, 2008 @ 2:50 AM Reply

@DJ Juan – Nothing wrong with dreaming big, right? With some hard work and perseverance nothing is impossible. All the best and thanks for dropping by! :)

• DJ Juan, July 23, 2008 @ 2:47 AM Reply

I know mine will be included in that list, too! :lol: Hoping really! Hahahaha

DJ Juans last blog post..Baron Geisler, CineMalaya’s Best Actor

• JP Habaradas, April 2, 2008 @ 5:20 PM Reply

@Felex – Thanks for the kind words and thanks for dropping by. :)

• Felex Tan, April 2, 2008 @ 5:17 PM Reply

What a great achievement for Filipino Bloggers,you all guyz are great!Keep up the good work.Jaypee,thanks for sharing.

Felex Tan’s last blog post..I win 2000 Entrecard credits from Jaypeeonline.net

• JP Habaradas, March 22, 2008 @ 6:00 AM Reply

@Showbiz – Thank you! Glad to know that you do. :D

• Showbiz Intriga? Get It From Boy!, March 22, 2008 @ 5:59 AM Reply

i completely agree with your choices :grin:

Showbiz Intriga? Get It From Boy!’s last blog post..Angel Locsin and Piolo Pascual sexy pics in Lobo

• JP Habaradas, October 13, 2007 @ 1:40 AM Reply

@Dexter – Yeah, Bryan Veloso or his blog Avalonstar is not really popular in the Philippines or among Filipinos except for those who have been in the blogosphere for quite a while. :)

• Dexter, October 13, 2007 @ 1:38 AM Reply

Actually among those 5 .. only one is new for me..Avalonstar..

Thansk for sharing this..

• JP Habaradas, September 30, 2007 @ 8:05 PM Reply

@Aiza – Hi! Same here, they’re both in my list of favorite blogs. Thanks for dropping by! :)

• Aiza, September 30, 2007 @ 8:02 PM Reply

I love happyslip and yugatech. They’re my daily reads. :grin:

• JP Habaradas, May 17, 2007 @ 3:51 PM Reply

@Noypetes – Hi there! Likewise, its good to see a fellow Ilonggo visiting my blog. Damo bloggers nga Ilonggo from Iloilo or Bacolod and even Mindanao. Some of the blogs in my links page are owned by Ilonggos. Thanks for dropping by! :D

• Noypetes, May 17, 2007 @ 3:46 AM Reply

Love to see another Ilonggo on the web. Got your site from Grace at Filipina Soul. Come visit another Pinoy/Hiligaynon on the blogsphere. Nahidlaw na gid ko mag-hambal sang hiligaynon.

• JP Habaradas, May 14, 2007 @ 4:07 PM Reply

@fruityoaty – Good to know someone agrees with one of my choices. Hehe :D

• fruityoaty, May 14, 2007 @ 9:33 AM Reply

I've come across all 5 on your list and I definitely have to agree with your inclusion of Happy Slip. Her stuff sure does make me (and others) happy. :D

• JP Habaradas, May 13, 2007 @ 10:53 AM Reply

@jireh – Happy Slip is really funny and entertaining. Thank you! :)

• jireh, May 13, 2007 @ 12:24 AM Reply

I used to visit Happy Slip when Joni featured it on her online journal. And I really love it nong Jaypz! Btw, Happy Mommy's Day to your wifey :)

• JP Habaradas, May 12, 2007 @ 1:35 PM Reply

@benj – Hehe..thanks! :D

• benj, May 11, 2007 @ 9:38 PM Reply

That's probably as close to a consensus as you're going to get. :) Good luck!!!

• JP Habaradas, May 11, 2007 @ 1:32 PM Reply

@Grace – The person behind Avalonstar is Bryan Veloso, a well-known blogger/designer. He has worked for Facebook and Automattic and designed Flock browser's website. He now runs his own company Revyver.

@Janette – Thanks! I'm glad I was able to be a part of this great project. :D

• Janette Toral, May 11, 2007 @ 12:05 PM Reply

Great to see you participating too!

• Grace, May 11, 2007 @ 9:23 AM Reply

hi Jaypee, thanks for the heads up to these blogs. Two of them I haven't come across yet if not for your post. Avalonstar – care to tell me why you picked this? I'm unfamiliar with the blog/blogger but would surely like to know more.

• JP Habaradas, May 10, 2007 @ 10:52 PM Reply

@gbert – The problem is you’re too busy to go blog hopping that’s why! Hehe :D

I’m sure some will disagree with my list but for me, they do deserve to be considered among the Top Filipino bloggers.

Yeah, I know! It’s been a while. So how’s work? love life? Any plans of settling down? :D

@Joni – Right on! :D

@BONTB – Yup, I am Filipino and you would’ve known that if you read my About page. :D

Anyways, thanks for dropping by and for the compliments!

• BONTB, May 10, 2007 @ 8:00 PM Reply

PS: I stumbleupon you, check your traffic i bet you will get some

you can find me also at hawaiib.stumbleupon.com

• BONTB, May 10, 2007 @ 7:58 PM Reply

Love your site I don’t know if you are Filipino or not but I like it !

Also Happy Slip is awesome site i like the template very mucho :)

• Joni, May 10, 2007 @ 7:11 PM Reply

HAPPY SLIP RULEZZZZ ALL! lol

• gbert, May 10, 2007 @ 4:34 PM Reply

hey jayps, i only know MLQ III’s and yugatech but never really frequented their sites… apparently, theirs are really among the best… long time no see.. hehehe