Here’s one tool that I’m sure any webmaster or blogger would definitely love. It’s called Xinu.

What is Xinu? It’s a tool that lets you check your website or blog’s PageRank, Alexa rank, backlinks, Technorati rank, feed subscribers, domain validation/diagnostics and many more. Btw, if you haven’t noticed the name comes from Unix spelled backwards.

Screenshot:
Xinu

Xinu also lets you save the results in a PDF file through it’s reporting tool. This has been tested on the following browsers: IE7, Firefox 2, Opera 9.x and Netscape 9.

Xinu lets you check the following site/blog elements:

• Screenshot
  • Diagnosis
  • Domain
  • Ranking
  • Syndication
  • Social Bookmarks
  • Validation
  • Indexed Pages
  • Backlinks

You can check just one or all of the elements above. It’s totally up to you.

I love Xinu! Now, I don’t have to go to different pages to check certain ranks and stats. I also like the Diagnosis element which helps you fix site details like domain name, title, keywords, description and more. It gives comments and recommendations on what you can do to improve it.

Although there’s one thing that I think Xinu should improve and thats the accuracy of the screenshot. When I checked JaypeeOnline, the screenshot showed the Kill Bill’s Browser post that I published on June 13. It would be nice if it uses the most recent screenshot. Overall, it’s still a very cool tool!

Btw, Xinu is skinned by Pinoy blogger and programmer AJ Batac.

Try out Xinu now!

JaypeeOnline is supported by its audience. When you click on the advertisements or purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

Share:

administrator

Owner and editor of JaypeeOnline. Self-proclaimed geek. New media writer and consultant. WordPress advocate. Loves blogging, gadgets, video games and sports. You can follow him on Facebook or Twitter.

• dimaks, July 26, 2007 @ 10:36 PM Reply

this is yet another amazing aggregator. i might try it :) thanks for posting about this. managing so many list of sites to check on specific things can be tiresome.

• aj batac, July 24, 2007 @ 1:23 PM Reply

@jaypee – check google.com, amazon.com and yahoo.com… lahat yan babagsak sa w3c validation. :lol:

• JP Habaradas, July 24, 2007 @ 1:17 PM Reply

@trench – That’s good. 7 validation errors is nothing compared to my 70. Hehe :D

• trench, July 24, 2007 @ 5:55 AM Reply

yes, I've tried it. Good stuff. My blog was pretty good. I need to work on my SEO a little more though… and I did have a couple validation problems. About 7.

• JP Habaradas, July 24, 2007 @ 3:15 AM Reply

@ade – Share your results, ok? You’re always welcome! ;)

• Ade, July 24, 2007 @ 3:06 AM Reply

Am testing, am testing, thanks for the post! As always!

• JP Habaradas, July 23, 2007 @ 11:45 PM Reply

@melo – My main goal is to provide my readers with useful information. Thank you very much! :)

• melo villareal, July 23, 2007 @ 11:23 PM Reply

great tool… you never fail your readers for a good read, review and updates on great new services…

• JP Habaradas, July 23, 2007 @ 8:50 PM Reply

@aj – Sweet! I’ll probably subscribe so I can update my blog’s screenshot anytime I want. Thanks for the info. :)

• aj batac, July 23, 2007 @ 8:43 PM Reply

snap subscription is free for personal use. :)

• JP Habaradas, July 23, 2007 @ 8:40 PM Reply

@trench – So have you tried it already?

Google allows 3 instances of text/image/video ads, 3 link units and 2 for referrals. :)

• trench, July 23, 2007 @ 8:39 PM Reply

wow. this is great.

OT: How did you get so many google ads to show up on the index? Did they change the terms? I thought they only allowed 3 ads??

• JP Habaradas, July 23, 2007 @ 8:25 PM Reply

@aj – You’re welcome!

I see. How much is it to subscribe to Snap? Or is it free? Anyways, it’s not much of a big deal but of course it would better if the screenshot is the most recent one. :)

• aj batac, July 23, 2007 @ 7:40 PM Reply

thanks for the mention! :smile:

the screenshot is provided by Snap.com. i think you need to subscribe to their service and request update of your screenshot. sometimes it updates on its own.

:cool: