As a Pinoy (Filipino) blogger, I’m very glad to see how blogging and the blogging community has immensely grown back home in the Philippines the past few years. In fact, I’m a bit jealous because back when I was still in the Philippines, there weren’t any blogging events such as Wordcamp Philippines, iBlog: The Philippine Blogging Summit, regional events such as Cebu Blog Camp, Mindanao Bloggers Summit, Socksargen Blogfest, etc.
While browsing through Facebook this morning, I found out that the 1st Baguio Blog Conference will be held within a couple weeks’ time. Inspired by the success of the other blogging summits I’ve mentioned earlier, several local bloggers decided to organize the Baguio Blog Conference.
WHEN: May 19, 2012 Saturday @ 8:00 AM
WHERE: University of Baguio Square Hall
ADMISSION IS FREE
Below are the objectives of the Baguio Blog Conference:
- Formally convene the members of the Cordillera and North Luzon Blogging Community.
- Share knowledge in Blogging as an aide in education, tourism and business.
- Educate the Baguio and North Luzon business community with regards to the power of blogging as an advertising medium.
- Learn from the Blogging experts on how to write an effective online article or blog post, as well as how to effectively promote the blogs and gain readers and followers.
- Inspire Baguio and Cordillera people to promote their localities through blogging.
LIST OF SPEAKERS
- Janette Toral — digitalfilipino.com
- Antonio Magno Caranzza Jr. — pusangkalye.net
- Chyng Reyes — chyngreyes.com
- Azrael Coladilla — azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com
- Florencio Jusay Jr. — manualtolyf.info
- Avelmar Manansala — gensantos.com
REGISTER HERE for the 1st Baguio Blog Conference
The local bloggers who are organizing the event are working with their own finances. To help make the event successful, they are looking for some financial assistance to help cover the expenses such as conference kits and food for participants and transportation for guest speakers. If you or your company would like to help, you can choose from one of the sponsorship packages listed below:
- Co-Presentor: Php. 25,000.00
(Major Billing in Event Posters and Banners, Sponsors’ Time, Press Releases and Radio Announcements, Video Commercials to be played during the event, blog posts from Cordillera Bloggers’ Network, Company Logo Post and Link from the Cordillera Bloggers Sites)
- Major Sponsor: Php.15,000.00
(Billing in Posters and Banners, Video Commercials to be played during the event, Blog Posts from Cordillera Bloggers, Company Logo Post and Link at the Cordillera Bloggers Site)
- Minor Sponsor: Php. 10,000.00
(Billing in Posters and Banners, Company Logo Post at the Cordillera Bloggers Site, )
- Donor: Php. 5,000.00
(Billing During the Event, Company Logo Post at the Cordillera Bloggers Site)
Wish I could attend but unfortunately, all I can do is help spread the word about the event. All the best to the event organizers, speakers and participants of the upcoming 1st Baguio Blog Conference.
Anyone here attending the Baguio Blog Conference? Do you know of any other upcoming local or regional blogging summit/conference in your area? Please share it with us.