UPDATE: Added a sample video that I uploaded on YouTube
Wassup guys? We’re pleased to share with you our unboxing experience of the Vantrue Element 1 Dashcam which is a collaboration with a new brand/sponsor – Vantrue.
The Element 1 or E1 dashcam features an award-winning design, high-quality materials, and tons of features. If you’re looking for a good compact dashcam that captures very good quality videos, then you should check this one out.
By the way, if I’m not mistaken this will be the first dashcam review published here on JaypeeOnline. I’ve owned/purchased dashcams in the past but they weren’t worth blogging about.
VANTRUE ELEMENT 1 DASHCAM FEATURES
- QHD 2.5K Mini Dash Camera – Vantrue E1 tiny dashcam with 160° wide angle lens features SONY STARVIS sensor and a minimalist and compact design, can record the view through the windshield at 2.5K 2592x1944P as well as avoid obstructing the driver’s field of vision. This dash cam front car dash camera records high-resolution videos for you to pick up objective evidence such as license plate numbers and street signs, which can be used for secure insurance claims.
- Built-in 2.4G WiFi and GPS – This WiFi dash cam integrates multichannel 2.4G WiFi and dual system GPS module, which supports sync and location functions, allows you to watch real-time footage, playback recorded videos, download video files, configure the dashcam’s settings, share and edit videos, and track GPS data on your phone or tablet. It can log GPS data such as the current speed in KM/H or MP/H, position, and route of your trip.
- Super Night Vision with HDR Technology – Vantrue E1 dash cam features a Sony ultra light-sensitive image processor and HDR technology, which can effectively enhance image details and improve the vision effect of images in low-light conditions, giving you peace of mind when driving at night.
- 24-Hour Parking Monitor – The intelligent parking monitor of this dashboard camera contains 4 parking modes and more features for more reliable protection. Depending on the G-sensor, it will auto-begin recording and store video footage when any collision is detected. In Low Bit Rate or Low Frame Rate Mode, it will continuously record video at low resolution or low frame rate to take up less storage space. Buffered motion detection records 5 seconds ahead of time when the movement is detected and will keep recording for 30 seconds. To use Parking Mode, please keep the dash cam hardwired ( ASIN: B08S392SMK ) or connected with an external battery.
- Wireless Control & Voice Control – Equipped with a wireless remote controller, this driving video recorder can be controlled at the push of a button when you want to take pictures of a beautiful scene or other important information, convenient and easy. This car video recorder supports voice control, just speak the voice commands to it, and it’ll immediately carry out the operations for you.
- Super Capacitor & Loop Recording – Benefiting from storing electricity on the surface of high density and porous structure, this super capacitor dash cam exhibits an extremely high-temperature resistance and an excellent long cycle life. It’ll auto-overwrite the oldest footage with the newest when the SD card is full to capacity. E1 dash cam supports up to 512GB, Vantrue original micro SD card is recommended. (ASIN: B081JR77PV)
- Lifetime Customer Support & 18-month Warranty – Lifetime after-sale service, 18-month warranty after registering on Vantrue’s official website, e-mail response within 24 hours, constantly updated firmware version for improvements and new features, facilitated installation and operation, 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Image Sensor: Sony CMOS Sensor
- Lens: 160° wide viewing angle; F/1. 8 wide aperture
- Screen: 1.54” IPS Touch Screen
- USB Port: Type C
- Video File Format: MP4
- WiFi: Built-in 2.4G
- Power Source: Built-in Supercapacitor
- Audio: Built-in Microphone and Speaker
- Video Resolution: 2592x1944P 30FPS
- External Memory: 32GB-512GB Micro SD Card, U3, Class 10 (not included in the package)
- Vantrue E1 Dash Cam
- GPS Adhesive Mount
- Car Charger with Built-in Type C Cable (11.5ft)
- Type C Data Cable (3.3ft, for transferring files only)
- Wireless Remote Control
- Electrostatic stickers
- Warning Stickers
- User Manual
This is the first time I tried or used a dashcam made by Vantrue and it certainly won’t be the last. It has totally exceeded my expectations.
Aside from its sleek design and tons of features, what I like about the Element 1 dashcam is its size. It’s so compact that it doesn’t take up a lot of space on the windshield and won’t block your field of vision which is very important when driving.
Setup was a breeze and the user manual provided all the necessary instructions and steps required to mount the dashcam onto your vehicle. Just make sure you read the manual thoroughly before attempting to install it.
The charging/power cable provided is very long so you can set it up in a way that the cable is hidden inside the headliner, down the weather sealing or rubber stripping of the A-pillar, and then under the dashboard. This way, there are no dangling or messy cables in sight.
The Vantrue Element 1 Dashcam gives you the option to display the date, time, GPS coordinates, and driving speed which can come in very handy for insurance claims.
The video quality is excellent as you can see from the sample video posted above. I plan to purchase the Circular Polarizer Filter which will help reduce reflections and make the image quality even better.
The Element 1 Dashcam is available on Amazon Canada for $239.99. For the SD Card, I purchased a SanDisk 64GB High Endurance Video MicroSDXC Card which is specifically for dashcams for $15.79.
I might publish a separate review post in the future but for now, I will just update this post in case I come across any issues with the Vantrue Element 1 Dashcam.
Does anyone of you guys own a Vantrue Element 1 Dashcam? What are the things you like/dislike about this product? Please share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
DISCLAIMER: The product used in this review was provided by Vantrue but all opinions expressed in this review are 100% mine. This post may contain affiliate links that allow me to earn commissions at no additional cost to you. We are reader-supported so when you buy through the affiliate links, you are also helping or supporting us.