A day after the rumors and leaks came out, Nikon officially announced yesterday their latest professional-grade DSLR camera, the Nikon D3S.
One feature that stands out from the Nikon D3S is its ISO range which at default spans from 200 to 12,800 but can be boosted to a staggering 102,400! Yes, you read that right. That’s no typo. It also features a video mode that boasts a 720p at 24 fps with autofocus and a new algorithm that helps lessen rolling shutter.
- ISO performance: ISO 12800 as standard, expandable to ISO equivalent of 102400 (Hi 3)
- Nikon FX-format CMOS image sensor with 12.1 effective megapixels
- Improved D-Movie function including High-Sensitivity Movie mode and flicker reduction function
- Nikon’s Integrated Dust Reduction System including Image Sensor Cleaning function
- Incorporates Nikon’s original EXPEED digital image processing
- Active D-Lighting with bracketing for up to 5 frames
- Picture Control: Standard, Vivid, Neutral and Monochrome (Landscape and Portrait can be downloaded from Nikon website)
- Quick response with approx. 0.12 seconds start-up time and approx. 0.04 seconds shutter-release time lag
- 9-frames-per-second shooting rate in FX format, 11 fps in DX crop (CIPA Guidelines)
- Nikon’s original Scene Recognition System, utilizing 1,005-pixel RGB sensor, for more accurate autofocus, auto exposure, i-TTL flash control and auto white balance
- Multi-CAM 3500FX AF sensor module featuring 51 AF points
- Viewfinder with approx. 100% frame coverage and approx. 0.7x magnification in FX format
- Durable shutter unit proven by 300,000 cycles of testing on fully assembled camera
- Intelligent power management that lets you shoot up to approx. 4,200 frames per charge (based on CIPA Standards)
- Easy-to-access Live View modes with dedicated button
- Quiet Shutter-release mode for nonintrusive shooting
- High-definition (approx. 921k-dot), 170Ëš viewing angle, 3-in. VGA LCD monitor with tempered glass
Additional Product Photos:
Nikon D3S Video Samples:
The Nikon D3S is expected to be available here in the US, the same time it will be released in the UK so that makes it late November of this year. If you want, you can preorder the Nikon D3S camera from Amazon.com. Btw, if you’re curious as to how much this awesome DSLR costs, the Nikon DS3 will be sold at the price of $5,199.95 (body only).
@sylv3rblade – Nice! Good for you. I’m planning of also getting one this Christmas, probably a Canon XSi. Hope Santa would grant my wish this year. :D
Yep. I have a D40 :D. Will be upgrading to a D90 this xmas :D
@sylv3rblade – Nikon has to in order to keep up with Canon. You don’t have to have an expensive camera like the D3S to take beautiful photos. A decent DSLR with a good set of lenses is all that you need. Btw, do you own a DSLR?
Glad to see Nikon working on the ISO numbers… like kuya jhay I probably won’t be able to afford this in my lifetime :D
@Jhay – I knew you were gonna like this post. Sweet camera indeed. You’re still better off than me coz you already have your own DSLR camera, I still have mine on my wishlist. Hehe
Suweeet!!! Sadly though, I’d never be able to afford this camera in my lifetime! lolz