One issue that many iPhone users have with on their iPhones, is the usability of the on-screen keyboard (especially those who text and send emails a lot). I’ve gotten the hang of using the on-screen keyboard but I know many iPhone users haven’t. If you’re having a hard time getting used to the on-screen keyboard and would like to have a physical keyboard on your iPhone, Boxwave got you covered.
Device accessory maker Boxwave has recently released the Boxwave Keyboard Buddy Case which is an iPhone 4 case with a built-in Bluetooth keyboard. I’m not sure if Steve Jobs is gonna be happy with this but I’m sure many iPhone users will. The Boxwave Keyboard Buddy snaps on like a regular iPhone 4 case with cutouts for the volume controls, camera and other parts, only it has a slide-out physical keyboard that connects via Bluetooth and boasts a 45-day battery life on a full charge.
The Boxwave Keyboard Buddy doesn’t add much to the iPhone 4’s profile so it enables a smooth transition between the iPhone 4’s touch screen and the physical keyboard.
Boxwave Keyboard Buddy Case Features:
- Form-fitting shell designed to snap on securely to perfectly fit your Apple iPhone 4
- Cut-out design for the touch screen so that you can keep the same tactile feel as using the Apple iPhone 4 without a case
- Conveniently designed to provide quick access to all of Apple iPhone 4’s controls, features, camera, and ports
- Integrated slide-out Bluetooth keyboard allows you to switch from the touch screen to a physical keyboard as desired
- Includes a USB cable to charge the integrated keyboard
- Bluetooth keyboard on/off switch allows you to turn the keyboard off when not in use to conserve battery power
- Finished with a high-quality smooth coating making the case smooth to the touch
- Charge Duration: 45 days
- Bluetooth version 2.0
- Jet Black color
The Boxwave Keyboard Buddy comes in one color – jet black and is available for pre-order from Boxwave’s website for $69.95 (after a 10% discount). The Keyboard Buddy starts shipping December 14th and ships for FREE within the US.
The Boxwave Keyboard Buddy is a bit pricey and I’m not sure about the 45-day battery life, but I’m sure many iPhone users won’t mind paying that much just to have a physical keyboard on their iPhones. Too bad they don’t have one for the iPhone 3G or 3GS, because if they did I would’ve gotten one for myself.
What do you think of Boxwave’s Keyboard Buddy? If you had an iPhone 4, would you go get one? Please share your thoughts.
Is there any chance that there are similar products for Nokia phones available in India?
I just hate the On-Screen Keyboard of my Nokia phone.
@icechen1 – I know huh? I wish I could come up with an idea like these one of these days so I can retire early. Hehe
Whoa, that is some ingenious idea put into action. Too bad Apple is not going to add this functionality into the next iPhone.
@Joie – If you text and send emails a lot, then this device is a great add-on for the iPhone. :D
that looks like a good addition to iPhone. Although to me I would still prefer using the screen keyboard.