Everybody likes unboxing new stuff, right? Here at JaypeeOnline, we also love unboxing stuff especially new devices and gadgets.
Today, we’re gonna share with you our unboxing experience, photos and initial impressions of the Galaxy ZEGA Virtual Tank War Game. It is a brand new battle toy that brings the concept of virtual games to a real, physical toy. The folks from Smartx Inc sent us a Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit and a couple of X-base units for review purposes.
Check out the video below to get a sneak peek of the Galaxy ZEGA and how it works:
- LEO ZEGA Unit
- GONDAR ZEGA Unit
- Charging Base x 2
- Battlefield plates and dividers
- Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- Instruction Manual
- ZEGA Unit Stickers
- Weight: 0.46 lb./210g
- Height: 2.6 in./67mm
- Length: 4.7 in./120mm
- Width: 3.7 in./95mm
- Processor: 32-bit Microprocessor
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Motor: High Torque DC Micro Motor
- Battery: 800 mAh Lithium Battery
- Charging Time: 1.5 hours
- Uptime: 2.5 hours
L-R: RAZOR, LEO, GONDAR, PUCK
Each Galaxy ZEGA tank has its own personality, different skill sets, and challenges. Although the recommended surface is the magnetic battlefield, it can also be played on any surface both indoors and outdoors.
The Galaxy ZEGA has multiple configurable skills (30 unique skills available):
- Magnetic Grasp – Reduce your opponent’s speed to 50% for 13 seconds
- Proton Black Box – ATK +100% for 25 seconds
- Top Speed – Movement Speed increased by 50% which will last for 13 seconds
- Skill Cover – Cover up your opponent’s Skill button for 13 seconds
- Sidereal Freeze – Reduce your opponent’s speed by 20% and increase his attack and Skill Cooldown Time by 100% for 25 seconds
- Thunderstorm – When a random player strikes a mine on the battlefield, deal damage equal to 100% of his HP to him
- Dynamic Breakdown – Make your opponent’s Engine break down, and lose Longitudinal Dynamic for 13 seconds
- Magnetic Storm – Make your opponent move in circles for 13 seconds
- Control Loss – Make your opponent lose control for 13 seconds
- S.Purify – Remove all negative statuses
- Lube Pollution – Throw away Waste Engine Oil to your opponent; randomly pollute his screen for 13 seconds
- Phantom Hide – Obtain Invisible State, in which you can’t attack or be hit for 5 seconds
- Reverse Operation – Make your opponent switch between forward and backward directions for 13 seconds
- Uni-Paralyze – Make your opponent’s Unilateral Engine break down for 13 seconds
- Bumpy Driving – Make your opponent’s phone and screen shake for 13 seconds
- LEO – Perfect Repair – Restore HP immediately; Ope. Cover – Cover up your opponent’s Operation Interface for 13 seconds
- GONDAR – Deadly Strike – Directly kill your opponent
- RAZOR – Advanced Nitrogen – Speed +20% and Skill Cooldown Time -50% for 30 seconds; Attack Cover – Cover up your opponent’s ATK button for 13 seconds
- PUCK – Super Shield – Free from damage and negative statuses for 20 seconds
The Galaxy ZEGA mobile app required to play the game and operate the tanks is available for both Android and iOS. The app is also upgradeable that allows for constant expanding gameplay and features player rankings, cross-platform battles (Android/iOS), competitions with friends and more.
The Galaxy ZEGA comes in a well-designed packaging that has a premium quality look and feels. The outer part of the main box contains all the basic information and features, including the list of package contents and other product specifics.
The instruction manual provides users clear and easy-to-understand instructions on how to set up and operate the Galaxy ZEGA. It also shows how to build 4 different types of classic battlefields.
We received this unit last week and my eldest son has been very excited to try it out. Unfortunately, due to the busy schedule, we haven’t gotten the chance to set it up and play with it. We plan to do it this weekend and I’m sure that my son won’t be the only one having fun playing with these cool, high-tech toys. I’ll update this post after we get to test and take it out for a spin.
Make sure to check back for the full and detailed hands-on review of the Galaxy ZEGA which we will be sharing with you soon. If you don’t want to miss it, make sure you subscribe to our RSS feed, follow us on Facebook & Twitter or subscribe to our push notifications if you’re using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your web browser.
To learn more about the Galaxy ZEGA, check out the official website.