Is your battery/power management icon missing from your Ubuntu panel? That happened to me the other day when I logged in to Ubuntu. I noticed that the battery/power management and network icons where missing from the Notification Area. This isn’t the first time this happened to me so I already know how to fix it. However, there might be some of you out there who are quite new to Ubuntu, having this issue with a missing battery/power icon and don’t know how to fix it.
Today, I’m gonna show you how simple and easy it is to restore the battery/power management icon on your Ubuntu panel.
- Go to Preferences > Power Management
- On the Power Management Preferences window, click on General tab
- Make sure that the “Always display icon” option is checked.
For those of you who might not want the icon to show up when you have your computer plugged in or maybe want the icon to show up only during certain instances, just repeat the steps listed above and select your preferred option on the General tab. Btw, if you tried the steps I provided above and the battery/power icon is still not showing up it means that the Notification Area applet is missing from your panel. To enable it, just follow these steps:
- Right click on the panel, click on “Add to Panel“
- On “Find an item to add to the panel:” type in “Notification Area“
- Select the Notification Area applet and click Add
That’s it. Wasn’t that easy? Hope this short and simple tutorial helped you with the missing battery/power icon issue on Ubuntu.