Finally Signed-Up with Entrecard

Entrecard

Before I went into my two-month hiatus, I read about the launching of a new social network for bloggers called “Entrecard“. I forgot where I first read about it but unfortunately, I wasn’t able to know or learn more about it. Finally, when I got back online, I was able to read some reviews and posts about Entrecard. I liked the idea and it caught my interest so I decided to sign up like two weeks ago.

For the benefit of those who don’t know what Entrecard is, here’s a little info about this new social blog network:

Entrecard is a social network of bloggers that is based on the concept of community, sharing and helping out each other. Entrecard is the brainchild of 22-year old Internet Entrepreneur Graham Langdon. It was launched November of 2007 during the Blog World Expo. Entrecards are 125×125 cards or banners that blogger’s digital business cards which they use for networking and promoting themselves in the community.

It took me more than a week before I found time to install the code and display Entrecard into my sidebar. If you can see, it’s located in the left sidebar of the index page under the name “Featured Blog“. After installing it, I started familiarizing myself with Entrecard’s dashboard and figured out how the stuff works. I also spent some time visiting blogs with Entrecards and dropping my cards so I could earn points. A few minutes later, I received my dropped card and advertisement offer. I also edited my Entrecard photo to make it look more presentable. I’m having fun visiting other blogs and dropping off my card. Entrecard is a cool way of networking and promoting your blog.

If you’re a Pinoy blogger who has Entrecard and would like to network with other Pinoy bloggers, check out PinoyBlogero’s list of Pinoy blogs in Entrecard.

Have you signed up with Entrecard? How do you like it so far? What are the things you like or dislike about it? Please share your comments and thoughts. We’d love to hear them.

January 14, 2008 at 9:15 PM

@trench – If clearing the cookies didn’t work, it must be with how Firefox deals with the cookies. I’m using Firefox and I’ve never experienced any problems with Entrecard. Yours is a unique/weird instance. If you find out what causes it and how to fix it, let me know. :)

2. trench

January 14, 2008 at 9:14 PM

Its strange because I can drop cards in I.E. but not using FIREFOX. :???:

3. trench

January 11, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Haven’t got it working yet. Tried clearing the cookies then relogging in but nada.. Going to check the forums.

January 10, 2008 at 9:48 PM

@trench – I just visit a blog that has Entrecard and click on it. Have you installed the code in your blog? I’m not sure but try to visit blogs while you’re logged in to Entrecard. I think it involves cookies. Just try it out and let me know if it works.

5. trench

January 10, 2008 at 9:17 PM

jaypee, how do you drop a card? None of the ads say to drop my card. They all say “GET YOURS” at every site I visit. Been trying to figure it out all day! LOL :lol:

January 9, 2008 at 3:25 AM

@trench – Now that you mentioned finding out about this from John Chow’s blog, I think that’s were I read about it.

Have you tried dropping your card again? I think it should work now. Btw, I already dropped my card at your blog. :D

7. trench

January 9, 2008 at 3:24 AM

I had signed up for this awhile back after visiting John Chows blog and your post finally reminded me to set it up! Its pretty good so far. I’m trying to drop a card here, but it doesnt say I can. Still trying to figure things out!

January 8, 2008 at 3:15 PM

@rose – Thanks for the tag! I’ll take a look at it and see when I can do it. :)

9. rose

January 8, 2008 at 3:12 PM

tag kita ha.. check mo dito..

January 8, 2008 at 11:02 AM

@Allen – It’s only displayed in the index page and not in the other pages. :)

11. Allen