If you’ve been extremely busy and got caught up with school, work and other activities, you could’ve missed that it’s already February. Time flies so fast! Anyways, here’s the first edition of the Weekend Roundup for the month of February. Enjoy!
- Attention all bloggers in Cebu, there will be a Bloggers Meetup this coming February 7, 6:00 pm at the iBrowse Internet Cafe near Cebu Doctor’s University. For more information, check out Max Limpag’s post. I’m sure McBilly is already excited about it.
- My friend Jhay Rocas shares how he backs up his blog’s database automatically using the WordPress Database Backup Plugin.
- Studies show that Internet users are starting to get more and more ad-blind. If you’re making money online via clickthroughs and are worried about this issue, Manuel Viloria explains how you can come up with an alternative source of income using only your blog.
- Andrew Dela Serna talks about the recent rumors of Google setting up a data center in Malaysia and points out some reasons why the Philippines should be or shouldn’t be considered.
Around the Web
- Are trackbacks still useful? Weblog Tools Collection asks it’s readers this question. If you ask me, I believe that it is still useful inspite of the growing number of spam trackbacks in recent years. I love getting trackbacks! Also, with trackbacks I can know who are linking to my posts and find out if people actually like my posts.
- Too many blog categories occupying too much space on your blog? Solution: drop down menu. Anthology of Ideas has this cool tutorial on how to display blog categories in a drop down menu.
- Learn how to combine featured posts with the standard loop with this excellent tutorial by Darren Hoyt author of the Mimbo 2.0 WordPress theme.
- I’ve always wanted a quick and easy way to take screenshots in Windows like I used to do in Ubuntu. Thanks to Daily Blog Tips, I found out about two Firefox extensions that lets you take screenshots with the latest version of Firefox.
Before I forget, join Pinoy United‘s online raffle for a chance to win $250. To join the raffle or find out more about the mechanics, visit this page.
On another note, I’d like to thank Blogging Mix for the 1,500 Entrecard credits and blog review that I won in his recently concluded Entrecard contest. I’m still deciding whether I should use it to advertise on popular blogs or should I give it away as a prize. What do you think?