Just want to share and inform other WordPress users who use the WordPress for iOS app that there’s a new update available – version 2.9.1 which was released yesterday. This version is a bug fix update and at the same time contains the following changes – stability improvements, crash fixes and an improved read speed & navigation (Next/Previous Read item navigation added) on WordPress.com.
In case you don’t have version 2.9 and are still using an older version of WordPress for iOS, here are some of the new features and improvements from previous versions:
- A Feature-Rich Content Editor – Now you can easily format text, make bulleted lists, create links, and do all kinds of other fancy stuff.
- Full Screen Editing – No more teeny-weeny content editor – now you can view more text at a time while you post on the go.
- Reading Made Easy – Keeping track of your favorite blogs has never been easier. Browse all the latest posts on blogs you follow in one place, right from your iPhone.
- Quick Photo will now use the post format for images (if your theme supports it).
- You can now post pictures that you’ve already taken with Quick Photo.
- Your stats referrer links and comment links can now be opened right from this app.
NOTE: WordPress for iOS 2.9+ requires iOS 4.0 or later and is compatible with the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
I’ve upgraded the app on my iPhone 4 running iOS 5 and everything seems to be working fine – no bugs, crashes or any issues whatsoever. Anybody else using WordPress for iOS 2.9.1?
WordPress for iOS 2.9.1 is now available on iTunes or via the App Store.
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn commissions at no additional cost to you. We are reader-supported so when you buy through the affiliate links, you are also helping or supporting us.