The book “WordPress For Dummies” was launched today and is now available at local bookstores, Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, Books-A-Million and Dummies.Com, while the e-book version can be purchased from Wiley.com.
From the author’s blog:
About the book
WordPress is powerful software known for helping bloggers share their thoughts online. Whether you want to set up a blog in the WordPress community, add a blog to another site, or build your own blogging community, this book shows how WordPress can help. With this book, you’ll soon be navigating WordPress templates, plugins, and themes with no problem.
WordPress is one of the most popular blogging tools available, with over a million registered bloggers, and climbing! This all-new Dummies guide delivers just what would-be bloggers need to get up and running with WordPress and start communicating with the world. WordPress For Dummies covers blogging basics, choosing a hosting solution or setting up a host, developing blog content, syndicating blog posts with RSS, launching a specialized blog (including podcasting, photoblogging, mobile blogging, and videoblogging), and even earning revenue. It includes help on every aspect of installing and using WordPress, illustrations from real-world WordPress blogs, step-by-step tutorials on key topics, and insights from bloggers who use WordPress.
With this book you’ll learn how to:
- Personalize WordPress Settings
- Understand common template tags
- Manage and moderate comments
- Deal with comment and trackback spam
- Troubleshoot common problems
- Sign up for, set up and use a hosted blog at WordPress.com
- Download, install, set up and use WordPress on your own web hosting account
- Find, download, install and manage WordPress plugins
- Learn and understand the “Loop”
- Learn the ins and outs of simple template tags and theme creation
- Download, install, configure, set up and use the WordPress MU software to create your own blog community/network
- ….and MORE
The author of this book is Lisa Sabin-Wilson, blog designer and owner of E.Webscapes a blog design and web development studio.
You don’t have to be a dummy to get one. If you want to improve your WordPress skills and learn more about it then you should grab a copy.