UPDATE: WordPress for BlackBerry version 1.2.1 has been released to AppWorld earlier today. This release contains a bug fix for localization issues for some older BlackBerry devices.
Good news WordPress users who own BlackBerry devices, the WordPress dev team just released the WordPress for BlackBerry version 1.2 app yesterday. I don’t own a BlackBerry but I know some of you do so I thought about sharing this news to you.
WordPress for BlackBerry version 1.2 has a redesigned GUI (graphical user interface) and several other new features that current app users would surely like.
Here’s a short introduction from the WordPress for BlackBerry blog:
We are happy to announce that WordPress for BlackBerry version 1.2 is now available. Depending on your region or country, you might not see the latest version in the BlackBerry App World, but on your device you should now already see the latest version 1.2.
- Ability to show comprehensive site stats for WordPress.com sites and for self-hosted sites running the WP.com stats plugin
- Ability to add audio recordings to a post/page
- Ability to post media files that are not tied to post/page
- Ability to add a signature on posts created from the mobile app
- “1- click” share to WordPress within the native BlackBerry Browser and File Explorer
- Improvements on GPS support
- Redesigned GUI with touch support
This update now supports the following languages: English, Italian, Finnish, French, Indonesian, German, Portuguese, Japanese and Spanish. If you’d like to help in translating the app into your native language, go and visit translate.wordpress.org/projects.