If you use WordPress on your BlackBerry device, you might want to upgrade to the latest version of WordPress BlackBerry 1.5 which was released a couple days back. This new version includes new features like a home screen icon with number of comments in moderation, custom image sizes and discussion settings and is now available in the BlackBerry App World.
Here’s the complete list of new features included in WordPress for BlackBerry 1.5:
- Added support forBlavatars (“Blog Avatars”).
- Added preview for drafts, scheduled and private posts.
- Introduced the home screen icon for comment notifications.
- Added a visual indicator that shows the post status in the post list screen.
- Added support for Discussion settings (enable/disable comments, pingbacks and Trackbacks).
- Categories are now alphabetically sorted.
- Added the possibility to specify a resize dimension on each image.
- Changed the image resize feature, by adding predefined dimensions loaded from the Blog Media Settings.
- Fixed issues on the Permissions settings screen, it now appears once at first startup.
- Small UI redesign.
To download and upgrade to WordPress for BlackyBerry 1.5, just head over to the BlackBerry App World and download/install the app. Visit the WordPress for BlackBerry forums for questions and feedback and you can also follow them on Twitter – @WPBlackBerry to get the latest updates.
I don’t have a BlackBerry so I can’t try it out for myself but if you do have it and are using/trying out the WordPress for BlackBerry app, please do share your thoughts, feedback and experience using it.