One of my favorite activities is reviewing new WordPress themes and it’s been a long time since I did one. Today, I’m gonna share with you a freemium quality theme designed for photographers. The theme is called Gridsby designed & created by the folks at ModernThemes. It features a Pinterest-style photo blogging theme that allows the user to display their awesome work in a simple yet unique way.
UNDER THE HOOD
- Clean & Beautiful Templates – Every theme comes with both standard and unique templates as seen in the demo. Have your site up and running in no time.
- Unlimited Color Options – Change the look and feel of your entire theme with the built in color picker right the native wordpress customizer.
- Google Fonts Selector – Every theme comes complete with a selection of fonts from the Google library. Easily change them right in the back-end.
- Cross Browser Support – We support modern browsers. All themes work with the latest web environments: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE 9+, and Opera.
- Responsive Framework – Every theme is built with a perfectly fluid responsive framework. Your site will look great on any device or screen size.
- XML Sample Content – Want your theme to look just like the demo? We include a sample XML file for you to upload after you install the theme.
- SEO Conscious – The most important measure of good SEO is good content. We code our themes to work with content and produce results.
- WordPress Best Practices – We follow the guidelines of the Automattic WordPress theme team to ensure that our themes are up to WordPress standards.
- Free Updates Forever – As WordPress continues to grow and change, you’re going to need themes that do the same. Ours are in it for the long haul.
Gridsby is a simple yet beautiful theme that takes your photographs and displays them in a mobile-friendly grid-style homepage. It has a blog section, optional widget areas, and a gallery. It also features a slide-out panel for its site navigation.
Gridsby was designed for easy customization and flexibility. It includes a lot of customization options such as upload custom logo, upload custom site favicon, add social media icons & links, hide specific pages or sections, show or hide widgets, customize widget background, add a background image, add footer information, customize typography with Google fonts, customize font text, colors, etc.
If I had the time to set up my personal website to share my photos, Gridsby would be one of my top choices. For those who are planning on putting up a personal photography blog/website to share their work, the FREE version would be enough. However, if you like additional features or if you plan to sell your photos or artwork online, then you should get the PRO version which is only $15.
All the features I listed in UNDER THE HOOD are included in all ModernThemes FREE WordPress themes. The PRO version provides the following additional features:
- Animations & Hover Effects
- Additional Sidebars
- Footer Widget Areas
- PSD Files
- Pro Tutorials
- Easy Digital Download Compatible
ModernThemes even provides a documentation page to help users with the installation and configuration. Configuring and customizing Gridsby is done using the native WordPress theme customizer so it’s pretty easy to handle even for most WordPress users.
There’s nothing much to say because the Gridsby theme has all the basic and necessary features to run a personal or business photography and online portfolio website. You’ll just have to try it out yourself and you have nothing to worry about because you can download it for FREE. If you don’t like it, you can look for another theme but if you like it, then you can keep it.
Kudos to the folks at ModernThemes for creating and designing this freemium WordPress theme and sharing it with the WordPress community.
How do you like the Gridsby WordPress theme? Which feature/s do you like the most? What additional features would you like to see added to this theme? Please share your thoughts via the comments below.
NOTE: This theme was scanned using the Theme Authenticity Checker and doesn’t contain any hidden or encrypted code.