Howdy folks? How’s everyone doing? Hope everyone’s having a good weekend so far. I’m doing good right now but my thoughts and prayers are with my fellow countrymen in the Philippines who have been hit by calamities the past few weeks. First was typhoon Ketsana (Ondoy) that caused the worst floods in years, then the 6.7 earthquake and just the other day, typhoon Parma (Pepeng) that hit Baguio, La Union, Benguet and other nearby areas. I heard that around 200 people died from the landslides caused by typhoon Pepeng. I also found out that my father and some 300 delegates who attended his seminar are stranded in Baguio. My friend Gem who lives in Baguio, is also one of the residents affected by this recent calamity. Let’s all pray for them and if we can, send some help. I hope that they and the residents of those areas receive the necessary help from the government and be able to recover ASAP.
On a positive note, I have some good news for the loyal readers/visitors of JaypeeOnline. But I won’t be talking about it here. I’ll be doing a separate post about it, so just watch out for it. Anyways, hope you folks enjoy this week’s edition of the Weekend Roundup.
- What You Don’t Know About The New FTC Rules On Disclosure
- 3 Reasons to Blog About Your Personal Experiences
- The Art of Getting a Backlink
- 31 Reasons Why WordPress Works As A CMS
- HP shows, details Envy 15 Beats edition notebook
- Samsung Giorgio Armani Windows Phone Review
- Asus Eee Top ET2002 review
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Review
- Warez Moving From BitTorrent to Conventional Hosting Services
- Future Phones Dazzle With Design
- Four different ways to sync your cellphone with the cloud
- Google, Microsoft Court Twitter as Service Suffers Outage
- First Impressions with Google Wave
- Amazon Kindle finally coming to the Philippines
- Google Helps Hurricane Ketsana Victims in the Philippines
- 10 Blog Lessons I Did Not Learn From Darren Rowse
JaypeeOnline Weekly Recap
- Watch the 2009 Philippine Blog Awards LIVE Online
- WP Theme Review: Milano
- Feedly: Magazine Style Homepage
- FTC Implement Tougher Guidelines for Blog Endorsements/Disclosure
- HTC unveils the HTC HD2
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or want your article or find an interesting story that you want to be featured in the next Weekend Roundup, feel free to leave a comment or send me a message via the contact page.
Thank you for your time and hope you guys are having a great week!
@Jena – Thank you very much. Really appreciate it. :)
@jan – I know. I hope that the government and our politicians, put aside their differences and work together to make sure that the victims get the help and resources they need to recover. I also hope that people won’t use these events to take advantage of other people and make money from them.
Yes, we need to keep praying for them especially our friend Gem. Btw, my dad is now back home. Thanks for your prayers. :)
You’re welcome. It was a well written post and quite catchy title. Hehe
Yeah, we’ve been on the receiving end of misfortunes lately, Jaypee. I’m hoping enough help from the national government and civic minded people reach our unfortunate countrymen in Northern Luzon the soonest possible time. Your father, our good friend Gem, and the people affected are in our prayers.
Thanks for including my cheeky post in your weekly roundup of blog links. :)
Hello Jaypee,. we pray for all of them and hope for the best.