Time flies so quickly. I just noticed that Christmas is just 3 days away so I’ll just greet you guys Merry Christmas ahead of time. Hope you have a blessed Holiday season and wish you all God’s blessings! Well, another weekend has passed so it only means one thing, another roundup. Hope you enjoy reading this week’s edition of the Weekend Roundup.
- If you’re new to WordPress and would like to know the best WordPress plugins that you can use to start your blog, make sure you check out Andy Beal’s list of the 21 of the best WordPress plugins for new blogs.
- With the release of WordPress 2.7, many users are still getting used to the new layout and are also having some issues with their themes. Noupe has this great tutorial on mastering your WordPress 2.7 theme and admin area.
- Do you want to improve your link building skills? Then you need to learn the 7 habits of highly effective link builders.
- Need help in improving your WordPress blog’s SEO? Maybe you can start with these 9 SEO plugins that every WordPress blog should have. By Shawn Joose of Elite Blogger.
- Bad news for the Apple fanboiz. No Steve Jobs at Macworld Expo San Francisco. Apple has recently announced hat Steve Jobs won’t be giving out the keynote address and that 2009 will be the last year they’ll have an exhibit at Macworld Expo. via CrunchGear
- Recognizing the gaining popularity of social networking, Yahoo is slowly rolling out their “social” email inbox limited beta to a select number of users. For now, the new “social” email inbox features include Yahoo Buzz stories, Yahoo Travel reviews and Yahoo TV listings. Yahoo is also testing applications for other different services like Flickr photos and WordPress blogs.
- Another milestone in the solid state drive history. Toshiba recently launched a 512 GB SSD using 43nm MLC NAND which is an industry first.
- The first hybrid DVD/Blu-ray disc was recently revealed in Japan. The hybrid disc has a single-layer for Blu-ray on one side and a standard DVD on the same side.
- Unless you’re using a Wii, most gaming consoles tend to make you slouch or slump resulting in bad posture. Solution? The GAMEROX gaming chair which has a unique design and technology that trains core stability, tones muscle and improves posture. It would make a nice Christmas gift for gamers next year.
- One of Intel’s newest products that will be released at CES 2009 is the Convertible Classmate PC. Laptop.com got their hands on a “almost final production unit” and provided some photos a hands on review.
- Looking for a compact desktop pc with a Blu-ray drive for your small room or apartment? Epson got you covered with their Epson ST120 series. Specifications: Core 2 Duo P8400 (2.26GHz), 1GB of RAM, 80GB of HDD (upgradeable to 320GB), GM45 Express chipset, Digital TV Tuner MonsterTV HDU and a Blu-ray burner.
- The trend in technology and gadgets these days is portability and basically every type of device are shriking in size. If your work involves a lot of traveling, the Atek OnBoard travel keyboard might come in handy. Photos and hands on review by BGR
- E-TEN which changed its brand name to Glofiish in 2006, is now re-entering the Philippine market. Two of their new devices are the Glofiish DX900 and X610. Photos and hands on review by Jayvee Fernandez.
- If you’re doing a lot of shopping on eBay and would like to find a seller that caters to the Philippine market, you should check out the eBuyStore. They sell a wide variety of items from cellphones, to iPods and digital cameras. They accept credit cards, PayPal, GCash direct bank deposit and COD as forms of payment.
- Cyberzone, a local gadget hub in the Philippines has recently opened a new branch at the SM Mall of Asia. It’s not yet fully occupied as a few stalls are still vacant but expect new stores to open soon.
- Loy, one of my regular readers here has come up with his list of the 7 Best WordPress Plugins Free For Beginners 2020. Some of the plugins though are no longer needed if you have WordPress 2.7 because the functions are already built-in.
JaypeeOnline Weekly Recap
- HowTo: Hide Affiliate Links on WordPress Blogs – tutorial on how to “hide” or beautify your affiliate marketing links.
- easyComment Firefox Extension – Firefox extension that makes leaving comments on blogs faster and easier.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or want your article to be featured in the next Weekend Roundup, feel free to leave a comment or send me a message via the contact page.
Thank you for your time and hope you guys have a great week!