My apologies for another late roundup. I started writing the draft last Friday and was planning to polish it up Saturday night and then publish it early morning Sunday. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to finish and publish it on time because I had to help my cousin move their stuff to their new house. I was pretty much exhausted after that and spent the rest of the day with my family, went out for lunch and went shopping. When we got home, I had to assemble the dresser that we bought so I was really tired and went to bed early.
I don’t wanna miss another edition of Weekend Roundup and better late than never right?
- Thinking about starting a new blog but not too sure about it? This might help. Here are 5 reasons why you need to start a new blog.
- If you want to gain more exposure for you and your blog without having to shell out money for advertising, another option for you would be guest blogging. Guest blogging gets you more exposure.
- Problems with your blogging schedule? Having a hard time determining the best time to publish your posts? Lorelle shares tips on determing the best time and day to publish a blog post.
- In this post, Matt Mullenweg explains why 200 WordPress themes were recently removed from WordPress.org’s theme directory.
- No software is free? A middle school teacher recently confiscated Linux CDs from her student because she believes there are no free software.
- With the US economy plunging like crazy this year, a lot of people lost their jobs and tech jobs are not exempted. According to TechCrunch’s Layoff Tracker, tech related job layoffs are now over 100,000.
- Safer than ActiveX? Google’s Native Client, is a new experimental browser plugin that allows web applications to securely run native code on the underlying platform.
- Coming soon to a netbook near you. Netvibes founder Tariq Krim is building an iPhone-like operating system for netbooks called Jolicloud. It is a stripped down Linux OS that comes with a custom browser and tons of other features.
- Lenovo doesn’t make cellphones, right? Not anymore. The Lenovo-Chine Mobile Ophone is an Android-powered phone made to comply with China Mobile’s Open Mobile System. Too bad only the folks in China will be able to use this thing of beauty.
- One of Dell’s latest products is the Optiplex 160 aka Tiny Desktop Computer is really tiny. Measuring only 1.85 inches thick, it runs on a single-core Intel Atom processor, 80 GB HDD, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista Home. Dual core models ship next year.
- Maximum PC has a hands-on review of Logitech’s latest gaming keyboard or gameboard called the Logitech G13 gameboard. Features include a mini LCD, mouse buttons and an analog stick. It can store (bind) 87 different macros on it which is nice for MMO fanatics.
- There’s a new Eee box in town! Asus recently rolled out the Asus Eee Box B203, an Intel C220 Celeron-powered Eee netbox. It runs Windows XP Home, comes with 80GB, 120GB or 160 GB hard drive, 4 USB ports, flash card reader, DVI output, WiFi and Ethernet connectivity.
- Need help with Globe WAP/MMS/Streaming settings for Nokia N95? My friend Jhay has you covered.
- Jehzeel Laurente is planning on building/setting-up his own computer and he needs suggestions for the parts of a desktop pc. If you’re good with computer hardware and stuff, you help him out by giving some suggestions.
- Wanna send your family and friends something new and unique? If you’re tired of the regular Christmas greeting cards, why don’t you send them a YouTube Greeting Cards this year? via TechPinas
- Abe Olandres has a detailed hands-on review of the Nokia E63 which is almost exactly the same as the Nokia E73 but with lesser features.
JaypeeOnline Weekly Recap
- WordPress Release Candidate 2 – Second release candidate for WordPress 2.7
- Lunascape – World’s Fastest Browser? – New web browser that uses three rendering engines. Kinda IE, Firefox and Safari/Chrome rolled into one.
- WebSapient Rips Off Designer’s Portfolio – Web design company rips-off freelance designer’s entire portfolio.
- WordPress 2.7 “Coltrane” – The much awaited and final release of the latest version of WordPress.
Hope you enjoyed this “late” edition of the Weekend Roundup. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or want your article to be featured in the next Weekend Roundup, feel free to leave a comment or send me a message via the contact page.
Thank you for your time and hope you guys have a great week!
@TechPinas – better late than never right? Hehe You’re welcome! :)
This is already late — But thanks for the mention Jaypee. I really appreciate it. :)
@jennifer – Thanks for sharing! However, traffic and exposure are two different things. Leaving comments and visiting other blogs is also a good way of promoting your blog but writing a guest post, especially for a high traffic blog will get you more exposure and potential readers/subscribers compared to just commenting and blog hopping. :)
to get more traffic in your blog.. you should visit sites and comment on their post.. not just to comment but to understand every single word they put on it.. of course by joining blog directories.. that’s how I get traffic on my site.. :)
@Jehzeel – You’re welcome! ;)
yahoOO! thanks for the mention JP :D