This edition of the Weekend Roundup is quite late because I was out most of the time during the weekend. Aside from being caught up with The Dream Match – Pacquiao vs De La Hoya, I was very busy this past weekend with all the activities in church, attending my niece’s birthday party, planning for my son’s birthday party and spending time with family and friends.
Anyways, better late than never right? Hope you enjoy this week’s edition of the Weekend Roundup.
- Want to increase your RSS feed subscribers? Maybe this can help. Darren Hoyt shares this tip on how to effectively advertise an RSS feed.
- Unless you’re new to blogging, you’d have come across the name of Jason Calacanis at one time or the other. Six months ago, he announced his retirement from blogging, but it turns out he’s been actively posting on his blog. I guess Jason just can’t stay away from blogging. via DailyBlogTips
- Excited about WordPress 2.7? Here’s a video by Mark Jaquith showing off the comment moderation keyboard shortcuts for WordPress 2.7. I think this is gonna be my most favorite feature on WordPress.
- Do you own own a domain or several domains? If you do, then most likely you’re familiar with “whois” information. Do you think you need to protect your whois information? via Blogging Tips
- A Malaysian blogger got his hands on a HTC Max 4G, the first WiMAX phone in the world. Here’s his review on the HTC Max 46 aka HTC Quartz aka HTC T8290.
- Google recently announced the release of the Android Dev Phone 1 which is a SIM-unlocked and hardware-unlocked version of the T-Mobile G1. All you need to do to get this phone is to sign up as an Android developer and purchase the device for $399. via eWeek
- Wonder what gadgets did most people bought from eBay this year? Here’s the list of the Top 10 eBayed Gadgets of the Year. via Gizmodo
- Australia-based company Kogan has recently released the Kogan Agora and Agora Pro, the world’s second Android-based phones. Phones retail for about $192 and $256 respectively.
- BitDefender has recently identified a new type of trojan, the Trojan.PWS.ChromeInject.A. This trojan masquerades itself as the popular Firefox addon – Greasemonkey. To all Firefox/Greasemonkey users, make sure you only download from the official website. via ArsTechnica
- Microsoft will soon release a new line of products and its not gonna be hardware or software but rather “softwear”. In an effort to reinvent its image, Microsoft will be selling retro-style graphic t-shirts called “Softwear by Microsoft”. via Seattle Tech Report
- Controversial Firefox addon called the “Pirates of the Amazon” is now shutdown. This addon lets users illegally download movies, games, TV shows, and MP3s for free by cross referencing Amazon.com’s product pages with torrent files from the Pirate Bay. As a regular Amazon customer, I’m glad to hear this development. via CNet News
- Windows Vista users, if you haven’t seen it on your recent Windows Update you might wanna know that Microsoft released Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista last week. I’m still thinking whether I should update or not. Last time I installed SP 1 on my previous laptop, things got messed up.
- Having a hard time choosing a gift for a loved one or friend? Check out the first part of the Techy Kid’s Christmas gift ideas series.
- A t-shirt that plays songs? Yes, you read that right. The Personal Soundtrack Shirt has a speaker embedded in front that lets you play songs from your mp3 player or SD card. It also comes with a remote control for music selection. Isn’t that cool?
- Looking for a new phone this Christmas? Here’s a one that you might like, the Samsung Pixon M8800 reviewed by Jayvee Fernandez.
- If you have a Facebook account, be careful when you open/read messages containing links. The KoobFace virus is still at large and has been spreading around Facebook, infecting a lot of accounts. The most common subject line is “You look so funny on our new video”. I’ve also seen this in Friendster and have been receiving messages like these from people who are on my friends list.
JaypeeOnline Weekly Recap
- Christmas Giveaway – Just a reminder for those of you who haven’t joined yet or for those who aren’t aware of this contest. I’m giving away $1,000+ worth of premium WordPress themes and plugins. Trust me, you don’t wanna miss it!
- Songbird 1.0 Released – Open source media player slash browser Songbird slash iTunes alternative.
- Nokia N97 – Nokias latest flagship phone. Me likey!
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or want your article to be featured in the next Weekend Roundup, feel free to leave a comment or send me a message via the contact page.
Thank you for your time and hope you guys have a great week!