How are you guys doing? Did you do any shopping during Black Friday? I’ve had a great weekend so far and it’s not even over yet. Hope you guys had a great weekend too. Thanksgiving was great as I spent a lot of time with family and friends plus lots of good food.
Anyways, I know some of you have been waiting for this part. Here’s this weeks roundup of links about blogging, technology and gadgets from all over the web including some news from the Pinoy blogosphere.
- Are you familiar with sitemaps and the Google Webmaster Tools? If not, then you should read Blogsessive’s detailed post on how to build a xml sitemap and incorporate it with Google’s WebMaster Tools.
- Are you addicted with blog stats? Dr Nicole of Kitchen Table Medicine shares 10 tips for stat addicts to help you kick the habit and make better use of your time. via Problogger.
- Weekend is almost over and still no word about the release of WordPress 2.7. Anyways, that shouldn’t stop you from getting ready for it, right? Here’s a list of 10 WordPress plugins that will help you test drive the new features the upcoming version on your blog.
- WPZoom has compiled a list of WordPress Rockstars, people who have contributed a lot to the WordPress community. Great list!
- Good news for Nokia fans here in the US. The Nokia N85 will start shipping this coming week and will cost you around $556.
- Unwired reports that Motorola will be cancelling the RAZR/Ruby line of phones. Reports also say that they’ll be ditching the Symbian UIQ for the Android. So I guess it’s both good news and bad news, right?
- Trying to catch up with Asus, MSI recently released the MSI Wind Box. This tiny black computer attaches to a VESA-mountable monitor and converts it into a all-in-one computer.
- Looking for a nice Christmas gift for your kid? Check out this Wall-E laptop designed for kids. I believe this would also be a nice collector’s item.
- The guys of Dev Team have successfully ported Linux to the iPod Touch and the iPhone. Future plans include porting Google Android. via Engadget.
- Michael Arrington of TechCrunch talks about the 3 reasons why netbooks aren’t good enough.
- Here in the US, people change their computers every 3 years on average. With all the thousands of computers being disposed do you ever wonder where do all those used computers go?
- Black Friday Tragedy: Wal-Mart employee dies from stampede – A Long Island Wal-Mart employee died when people came rushing in for Black Friday sale.
- Arpee Lazaro talks about his recent “experience” during a product launch and how he was “treated” by one of the event organizers. PR agencies in the Philippines should learn from this experience. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again. via TechAtHand
- Marhgil Macuha shares his review of the Nokia N78. Haven’t seen this in person but it sure looks like a pretty nice phone to me.
- Jehzeel Laurente explains the meaning of the word “nyok”, which is gaining popularity in Plurk and the Pinoy Blogosphere. Nyok!
- Wii rip-off? CD-R King, a popular media store in the Philippines has released a game console called the TV Sports Game. via Atma Xplorer
JaypeeOnline Weekly Recap
- 50 Best Inventions of 2008 – Time Magazine’s list of the best inventions of the year.
- WordPress 2.6.5 – Latest WordPress release that fixes a XSS expoit and three other bugs.
- HowTo: Recover Windows Vista Drive Icons – A step-by-step guide on how to recover the Windows Vista drive icons
- ASUS Eee All-in-One Touchscreen PC – Asus latest product. A smaller and cheaper alternative to the Apple iMac and HP Touchsmart PCs.
- Are You Ready For WordPress 2.7? – Read this post to find out if you and your blog are ready for the upcoming version of WordPress.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or want your article to be featured in the next Weekend Roundup, feel free to leave a comment or send me a message via the contact page.
Thanks for your time and hope you guys have a great weekend!
@Jehzeel – You’re welcome! Let me know when you’ve decided which one you’re gonna buy, ok? Nyok nyok nyok! :D
@Dexter – Oh okay, glad to hear that this issue has been settled. It could’ve been avoided though. Thanks for the heads up! :)
@Leon – Hehe is it? Well you can just choose the articles that interest you the most.
Yeah, I really felt bad when I read the story bout that Wal-Mart employee. Actually he was just a temporary employee, hired via an agency to help with the Black Friday thing. These shouldn’t have had happened. Big retail companies should prioritize the safety of their customers and employees during these type of events and add more security personnel and implement other safety measures.
@Dexter – You’re welcome my friend! Is that so? Maybe that PR guy already knew Abe that’s why he treated him nicely. In the case of Arpee, it showed the real personality of that PR guy because regardless of who he was or what publication he worked for, he should’ve received the same treatment and warm welcome like the other guests had. Right?
cge cge.. thanks jaypee :D thanks din for including me sa round up about nyok! hahaha! nyok nyok nyok! :P
Right..at least he already apologized now to Arpee. Arpee post is now updated
That’s a lot to digest. Poor Wal-Mart guy. People must have really been desperate.
Thanks Jaypee for the link. Abe Olandres just commented at my blog and inform that they have been treated well in that event.
@Jehzeel – Nyok! Sorry pare, medyo nakakalito kasi ang spelling ng pangalan mo eh. :D
About the HP Mini Note 1000 and HP 2730p, I’ll browse and look for the best deals and then I’ll let you know.
nyok nyok nyok! uy jaypee! mali yung spelling ng name ko.. hehehe :D ei ask ko lang magkano HP Mini Note 1000 dyan, baka yun nalang bilhin ko instead of TX, kasi marami pang problema TX ngayon eh T_T
or yung HP 2730p na Intel Tablet ng HP.. maganda din ata yun.. sa january pa cguro me mag pa bili sayo if may extra me.. kasi bibili din me ng desktop dito..
nyok nyok :) hehe