How are you guys doing? Did you do any shopping during Black Friday? I’ve had a great weekend so far and it’s not even over yet. Hope you guys had a great weekend too. Thanksgiving was great as I spent a lot of time with family and friends plus lots of good food.
Anyways, I know some of you have been waiting for this part. Here’s this weeks roundup of links about blogging, technology and gadgets from all over the web including some news from the Pinoy blogosphere.
- Are you familiar with sitemaps and the Google Webmaster Tools? If not, then you should read Blogsessive’s detailed post on how to build a xml sitemap and incorporate it with Google’s WebMaster Tools.
- Are you addicted with blog stats? Dr Nicole of Kitchen Table Medicine shares 10 tips for stat addicts to help you kick the habit and make better use of your time. via Problogger.
- Weekend is almost over and still no word about the release of WordPress 2.7. Anyways, that shouldn’t stop you from getting ready for it, right? Here’s a list of 10 WordPress plugins that will help you test drive the new features the upcoming version on your blog.
- WPZoom has compiled a list of WordPress Rockstars, people who have contributed a lot to the WordPress community. Great list!
- Good news for Nokia fans here in the US. The Nokia N85 will start shipping this coming week and will cost you around $556.
- Unwired reports that Motorola will be cancelling the RAZR/Ruby line of phones. Reports also say that they’ll be ditching the Symbian UIQ for the Android. So I guess it’s both good news and bad news, right?
- Trying to catch up with Asus, MSI recently released the MSI Wind Box. This tiny black computer attaches to a VESA-mountable monitor and converts it into a all-in-one computer.
- Looking for a nice Christmas gift for your kid? Check out this Wall-E laptop designed for kids. I believe this would also be a nice collector’s item.
- Arpee Lazaro talks about his recent “experience” during a product launch and how he was “treated” by one of the event organizers. PR agencies in the Philippines should learn from this experience. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again. via TechAtHand
- Marhgil Macuha shares his review of the Nokia N78. Haven’t seen this in person but it sure looks like a pretty nice phone to me.
- Jehzeel Laurente explains the meaning of the word “nyok”, which is gaining popularity in Plurk and the Pinoy Blogosphere. Nyok!
- Wii rip-off? CD-R King, a popular media store in the Philippines has released a game console called the TV Sports Game. via Atma Xplorer
JaypeeOnline Weekly Recap
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or want your article to be featured in the next Weekend Roundup, feel free to leave a comment or send me a message via the contact page.
Thanks for your time and hope you guys have a great weekend!