It’s been more than two weeks since the last edition of the Weekend Roundup. I haven’t ditched it nor have I forgotten about it. It just so happened that every weekend something comes up and it takes the time I’m supposed to do the roundup. Although late, I wanted to make sure that this roundup would get published this time.
- Remember the old Pinoy Top Blogs? Well it was re-launched last week and features an entirely new code-base and design. Previous accounts were imported so if you already have an account, all you need to do to get your blog listed is to get the new tracking code. Check out the new Pinoy Top Blogs.
- Karlo of Pinoyblogero shares his thoughts on why pinoy bloggers aren’t interested in coining a Tagalog/Filipino term for the word “blog”. I agree with him and those were my exact thoughts when I first read Paulo’s post.
- My good friend Jhay talks about a new tipping system called Scratchback that he recently installed on his blog. I’ve seen this widget on some blogs a couple months back but didn’t know what it was called or was interested to find out. Hehe now that I’ve read his article, I think I might give a try soon.
- PinoyTechGuy talks about what’s new in the recently released Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or SP1. I hope SP1 would enhance the performance of Vista and fix most if not all technical issues and bugs that are causing many Vista users headaches.
Around the Web
- Do you use lots of images on your blog posts? With Google Images and the Alt tags, you can use it’s full potential and increase your blog traffic and visitors by using .
- You just installed WordPress on your hosting account and you can’t wait to start posting. Before you do just that, you might wanna read this article by Jason Blanton of BloggingTips that lists the five things you should do after installing your self hosted WordPress blog.
- If you’re planning to move your blog to another web host, you might want to check out this guide written by Ades which is his documentation of the recent transfer of Adesblog.com to another host. This guide covers most if not all of the things you need to do when moving to a new web host.
- Running out of blogging ideas? Graham Jones has some tips on how to have a constant stream of blogging ideas. Via Problogger
Starting now, I’ll be adding a new section in the Weekend Roundup called the Weekly Recap which will list the posts I’ve posted during the week, giving you a chance to see all the posts in case you missed one or two of them.
JaypeeOnline Weekly Recap
- Win 2,000 Entrecard credits – still ongoing. deadline is on March 30th and winner will be announced on the 31st.
- Adobe CS3 Internal Error 2739 Fix – fix for an error I got when installing Adobe CS3 on my Vista powered laptop.
- KidZui: Browser for Kids – a browser that lets kids browse the Internet safely. CEO of KidZui left a comment on this post.
- Mimbo Pro Magazine Theme – premium WordPress theme by Darren Hoyt. Darren dropped by and shared some info about the theme.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or want your article to be featured in the next Weekend Roundup, feel free to leave a comment or send me a message via the contact page.
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn commissions at no additional cost to you. We are reader-supported so when you buy through the affiliate links, you are also helping or supporting us.