Here’s the very delayed and long overdue weekend roundup. I started writing the draft last week but wasn’t able to finish it. I was out the whole day Friday & Saturday and come Sunday, I went out with my wife and kid for some family time. Bloggers have a life too you know. Hehe Anyways, my apologies and I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup.
- Wanna see how a Google Doodle is created? Here’s a time lapse video of Chief Google Doodler Dennis Hwang creating a lunar year doodle.
- A couple of local online advertising agencies have recently emerged in the Philippines and another one is rumored to be coming. Pinoy Problogger asks this question: Is the online ad agency market getting crowded?
- Customize your Windows Quick Launch bar with True Launch Bar. It lets you group quick launch shortcuts and display them in a pop-up menu. Very useful if you use a lot of programs and want an quick and easy way of accessing them.
- Check out Jehzeel Laurente’s tip on how to increase your blog’s traffic even if you don’t update frequently.
- Prudence shares her experience on comment moderation and her recent decision to turn on comment moderation on her blog. I’ve always moderated comments here in JaypeeOnline. Not only to prevent libelous comments but also to keep spam comments. Besides, I don’t want to waste time deleting all those spam comments.
- Wonder why your blog ads are getting fewer clicks than before? Recent studies show that Internet users are getting immune to advertisements.
Around the Web
- SP of WPDesigner, talks about careless premium WordPress theme authors and why you should be careful next time you purchase one.
- Do you love joining and participating in blog contests? Daily Blog Tips shares 7 easy ways to win a blog contest.
- Want a copy of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 for FREE! Microsoft recently launched a software giveaway program called Microsoft DreamSpark Student Program that will provide college and high school students worldwide with access to the latest Microsoft developer and designer tools for free. I wish they had this when I was still in college.
- PowerDropping.com is a site that lists 300 fast loading sites that have Entrecard widgets on top of the fold. A good resource for Entrecard users who want to drop more cards faster. Via Blogging Gal
In case you haven’t noticed it yet, I’ve recently added a Poll section in the sidebar. From time to time, I’ll be posting poll questions on different topics. I’ve been wanting to do this earlier but the poll didn’t work right in my previous theme. Why add a poll? The poll is one way of getting to know who my readers are and what they’re interested in. This way I can post more about stuff that you guys are interested in. I’d appreciate it if you guys can participate and share your opinions by casting your vote in the polls.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or want your article to be featured in the next Weekend Roundup, feel free to leave a comment or send me a message via the contact page.
@Tish – You’re welcome! Yes I found it very helpful and useful that’s why I’m sharing it with my readers. Have a nice day! :D
Thanks so much for the link love! I’m glad you found my article helpful. :)
Have a great night!
@Jehzeel – Don’t mention it. You’re welcome! ;)
uyyy thanks sa link ha :D hehehehe ^_^
@K – In your case, you still moderate but you do it manually. The reasons you pointed out are also some of the reasons why I moderate comments here.
Thanks! I’m glad you guys understand. :D
I’d rather not moderate, but off-topic, blatantly inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate comments, I removed them not that I have debates in my blogs, sometimes, bloggers enjoy every kind of comments, huge numbers valid or not, is irritating to read if a commentor doesn’t add substance to the post itself. And I dislike people leaving comments, “yay, I’m the first to comment”.
No need to apologize, family comes first, of course.
@Randoms – You’re most welcome! Glad you liked it and find the articles useful. Thanks for dropping by! :D
This round-up is packed with helpful blogging information. Thanks bro! Great content.
@Joie – Yup, family time should always be a priority. You’re welcome! :)
@iRonnie – I’ve been wanting to put up a poll in my blog for a long time now but I encountered some problems with my previous themes. Why don’t you try it? By using polls I’m hoping that I could learn more about my visitors/readers and also learn how I can improve this blog. :D
Family time is very important.. BTW.. Thanks for your weekly round-up #21.
i’ve been wanting to place polls in my site too. :mrgreen:
@Pinoy Problogger – You’re welcome! ;)
@jhay – I guess it depends on the blog author’s discretion. In my case, I’m playing safe and I do my best to screen the comments and only display ones that are relevant. Besides there are many visitors who leave comments using keywords as their display name and use this style for SEO purposes and as a way of improving their site’s SERP. :D
Thanks for the link.
I’m a bit liberal with comments on my blog. As long as it’s not spam, unrelated or libelous, it gets published.