Are you an active social media user and belong to one or several social networks? Did you know that there are different types of social media personas? Aimia, a global leader in loyalty management recently conducted a survey among Internet users based on two behavioral drivers – Trust & Control and came up with 6 diverse social media personas – No shows, Newcomers, Onlookers, Cliquers, Mix-n-minglers and Sparks.
Here are some details regarding the different social media personas:
- No Shows (41% of US population) — least involved with social media, if at all; infrequently engage in online commerce.
- Newcomers (15%) — passive users of a single social media network, primarily to enhance offline relationships.
- Onlookers (16%) — observe others via social channels on a regular basis, but share almost no personal information.
- Cliquers (6%) — active users of one network; influential among their small group of friends and family.
- Mix-n-Minglers (19%) – those who regularly share and interact with a diverse group of connections via social media.
- Sparks (3%) — most active and deeply engaged users of social media; will serve as enthusiastic online ambassadors for their favorite brands.
To get a better view/understanding of the study, check out the infographic below:
[click on image to view larger version of the infographic]
Based on the infographic below, which social media persona are you? Do you think that the study and the infographic are more or less accurate in grouping or categorizing social media users?