I’m not a SEO expert but once in a while I blog about SEO-related stuff with the purpose of helping others learn about SEO and to share some of the new information that I learn about it. For those who aren’t familiar with SEO or Search Engine Optimization, according to Wikipedia – is the process of improving the visibility of a website or web page in a search engine’s “natural” or un-paid (“organic” or “algorithmic”), search results.
SEO is big business in the Internet. But how big exactly it is, is a question that even most people who are in the SEO industry can’t give a clear answer to. BlueCaribu, a digital marketing agency recently released an infographic called “How Big Is The SEO Industry In The Internet” which shows some statistics on the global SEO industry.
Some interesting statistics from the infographic:
- 863 million websites globally mention “SEO”.
- 3.5 people lookup “SEO” on Google every second
- Top 10 Nations in SEO interest ranking: India, Pakistan, Philippines, United States, Canada, Indonesia, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Australia, Germany
- 13 million blog posts have been published with the term “SEO” in the title.
- 248,000 tweets each month about SEO.
Kudos to the folks from BlueCaribu for providing this useful infographic and for giving us an idea on how big the SEO industry is in the Internet.
How do you like the How Big Is The SEO Industry In The Internet infographic? What particular statistic did you find most interesting or useful? Any other statistic or factor that you think should’ve been included in the infographic? Please share your thoughts.[source: BlueCaribu]