A company that is in the initial stage of its life must have a strong strategy to influence customers and make them buy its products or services.
The members of the organization cannot just make a website, generate customers and wait for more customers to come. The journey of customer acquisition, retention, and loyalty is a never-ending one.
When profits start coming for the company, they are in themselves an incentive to reach out to more people in order to provide and serve a larger customer base.
This is exactly what the startup PortraitFlip did. In a recent interview with one of its co-founders, we learned that they are using the following 5 hacks to fuel their sales which brought them $1,70,000 in the year 2018:
1. Writing Blogs While Keeping SEO in Mind.
Start a blog page on your website. Curate and compile various articles that are relevant to your website. You can create a blog section within your website where the blogs will be published.
Grasping the way of blogging and executing a blog is relatively simpler. You must keep in mind the following tips while executing blogs:
- Utilize Target keywords and LSI keywords (related keywords).
- Have a search engine and user-friendly blog title and description.
- Include content-relevant images.
- Incorporate external as well as internal links.
- Include a “Click to Tweet” button.
- Ensure organized content formatting.
You can also do Guest Posting for a website that has a common segment of the target audience. Here, you contact the relevant website through email and request them to post an article on your website while linking back to their own website.
As a barter, you write on their blog and give a link back to your website.
2. Social Media Outreach
Social media for a business owner is a medium to capture the customers and keep them engaged with the brand.
By addressing the customer’s concern, you can better build trust and gain more traffic by promoting your business.
The successful startup PortraitFlip shares its photos and videos of its products on social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Photos of products and videos of testimonials are also included in these social media channels.
This helps the business in updating its customers and potential customers with current events and latest offerings.
Moreover, effectively strategizing social media activity can encourage further sales of the product or service.
The more the likes, shares, and positive comments you get from the platform, the more engaged the customers get and more marketing of the business happens.
3. Online Advertisements
As opposed to Search Engine Optimization (SEO), paid online advertising involves less time to get good results.
Your website will take some time to rank on a search engine’s results page and so implementing a paid strategy can quickly bring some nice traffic for your website.
There are two types of paid advertising, Google Ads & Facebook Ads. They are explained in brief below:
- Google Ads – In this type of advertising you will keep a balance of say $2000 and optimize the ad to your audience based on their search queries, location, age and a lot more geeky factors. The ad is displayed to a user on platforms owned by Google like Chrome, YouTube, Android apps, etc.
- Facebook Ads – Everything remains the same in this type except the ad is displayed on Facebook owned platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and shortly on Whatsapp status as well.
4. Affiliate Marketing
The business that wants to promote its service or product can do so by paying money to marketers who would advertise the product on behalf of the business. These marketers are known as affiliate marketers.
Given below are some advantages of affiliate marketing:
- As the affiliate marketers only get paid when they generate the result, they get more encouraged to bring the desired conversion.
- The affiliates can be found in a variety of markets. Thus, businesses have the opportunity to spread themselves in markets that have not yet been visited.
- A partnership with reputed businesses can increase the reputation of your products or services. This will further enhance consumer confidence in you.
- Because you don’t spend on unsuccessful advertising, you save a lot of money.
- The more affiliates a business partners with, the quicker increase in traffic and sales can result and your website’s ranking will be affected indirectly.
5. Sister Website
Sister Websites are closely related to a business’ main website. They help in segmenting services or products for simpler customer access.
Creating sister websites is a crucial investment for businesses that want to grow. For instance, Since PortraitFlip was selling pet paintings in large volume the created a sister website named DogIsWorld.com that brings dog owners onto the website and then they are pushed to the parent website by content and ads as triggers.
Benefits of having a sister website are given below:
- Higher chances of appearing in relevant keyword search results.
- It provides a chance to cater to various interests of audiences.
- Maximize the visibility of your other sites.
- Enhance the quality of links coming back to the website.
- Build authority in their own niche and improve credibility.
- Prevent an information overload on one website and distribute the excess information to a different focal point.
We hope you got to learn much important stuff from the co-founders of PortraitFlip. Thanks for spending the time to read the blog.