Time Magazine’s Best Blogs of 2010

time best blogs 2010

Each year, Time Magazine picks the best blogs from all over the Internet. Blogs that have a huge impact and influence not only in the World Wide Web but also in our community and for many of us, our personal lives. So much so that we basically can’t live without them. The blogs that get picked are then compiled into Time Magazine’s list of Best Blogs for that year. Aside from the best blogs, Time Magazine also includes a list of Essential Blogs and Overrated Blogs.

I came across this year’s list of best blogs last month, just before I left for my vacation. I wanted to share it with you guys but wasn’t able to publish it because I was so busy. Anyways, better late than never. Here is Time Magazine’s Best Blogs of 2010.

Best Blogs

Overrated Blogs

• FAIL Blog
  • The Big Lead
  • Perez Hilton
  • Mashable
  • Daily Kos

To read more about this story and for a more detailed description and URLs for each blog, visit Time Magazine’s Best Blogs of 2010. You can also check out the Best Blogs of 2009 here.

Any of your favorite blogs that made it to the list? What other blog/s that you think should’ve made it to Time Magazine’s Best Blogs of 2010 list? Please share your thoughts.

July 27, 2010 at 3:10 AM

@rd sean – Don’t worry, you’re not alone. ;)

2. rd sean

July 27, 2010 at 3:05 AM

I thought it was me on the list.. lol.. just dreaming :)

July 25, 2010 at 8:00 PM

@Christian – Hahaha..maybe it was too overrate that it didn’t make it to the list? Just kidding :D

4. Christian

July 25, 2010 at 7:59 PM

I thought I’d be able to see my blog on the “Overrated List”. Maybe next time :P

July 19, 2010 at 5:55 AM

@Holly – It’s all good Holly, to each their own, right? :)

We all have our own personal preferences and the same is true with the blogs that we read and follow or can’t live without.

Hope you’re not having any problems with your “new” blog. :D

6. Holly Jahangiri

July 19, 2010 at 5:51 AM

I don’t follow any of those, and rarely read them unless someone I know highly recommends one of their articles. In short, I most certainly can “live without them.” All of them.

That’s not to say they’re not excellent blogs, or that I don’t enjoy them when I do drop in and read something. But what I look for in a blog is the personality of the authors, the community and synergy they create among readers – an engaging and human personality that is largely lost on these hugely popular blogs.

As for “overrated,” what was it P.T. Barnum said?

July 18, 2010 at 9:50 AM

@Kimwell – Yeah, I agree because I also follow some of them. Who knows, someday it could be one of your blogs? :D

8. Kimwell

July 18, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I must admit that most of those that were listed are really some of the best blogs out there. In fact I follow some of them. But yeah it would be nice if somebody’s blog could have represented the philippines. :)

July 16, 2010 at 9:30 PM

@Dexter – Really? Maybe its because of your location? Thanks anyways for letting me know about it. I’ll try to ask friends from other countries to check if they’re experiencing the same thing. :)

10. Dexter | Techathand.net

July 16, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Out of topic..

Jaypee puro ” Public Service Ads by Google and Lumalabas sa Ads mo.. any problem ?

July 16, 2010 at 7:35 PM

@Gem – Maybe in the near future. Hehe :D

12. Gem

July 16, 2010 at 7:32 PM

No Filipino blogs there? That’s sad.