IE7 Pro: Ultimate Add-On for Internet Explorer

Even though Firefox is slowly but surely gaining market share and popularity, the majority of Internet users still prefer or use the Internet Explorer.

I have been a Firefox user and avid fan for many years now and started using it since it was called Firebird. Why do I prefer Firefox? Because of it’s security, speed and most of all because of it’s flexibility. You can change the way it looks with different themes and add more functionality with add-ons/extensions. I don’t know what I’ll do without my favorite extensions.

If you’re still not convinced with Firefox and prefer to use the Internet Explorer but would like to have some of the capabilities of Firefox, then maybe you should try IE7 Pro.

IE7Pro is a must have add-on for Internet Explorer, which includes a lot of features and tweaks to make your IE friendlier, more useful, secure and customizable.

Dubbed as the Ultimate Add-on for Internet Explorer, here are some of the features that IE7 Pro offers:

• Tabbed Browsing Management
  • Spell Check
  • Inline Search
  • Super Drag Drop
  • Crash Recovery
  • Proxy Switcher
  • Mouse Gesture
  • Tab History Browser
  • Web Accelerator
  • User Agent Switcher
  • Webpage Capturer
  • AD Blocker
  • Flash Block
  • Greasemonkey like User Scripts platform

IE7 Pro is available in many languages like Korean, Polish, Greek, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian and Swedish just to name a few. If you’re using IE7 Pro and would like a certain feature to be added to it, you can send a feature request via their forum. I almost forgot, IE7 Pro is 100% FREE!

Unfortunately, there are no screenshots available in the site and I couldn’t make my own screenshots because I haven’t tried it myself. I actually installed it on my computer but after that I couldn’t open Internet Explorer because it kept on crashing. When I uninstalled IE7 Pro, I was able to open Internet Explorer again. I don’t know if the problem is with my computer or if it has any incompatibilities with Windows Vista. This is the reason why I can’t make a full review of the IE7 Pro Add-on.

Has anyone tried using the IE7 Pro add-on or was able to successfully install/use it on Windows Vista? Please share your experiences, thoughts or feedback regarding the IE7 Pro.

1. Michael

June 13, 2009 at 5:19 PM

IE is safe but, i think it’s pretty slow.

March 18, 2008 at 1:40 AM

@Floroskop – If your browser of preference is Internet Explorer, then I believe you really should try it out. It will add more options and make your browsing experience a whole lot better. :D

3. Floroskop

March 18, 2008 at 1:39 AM

Hello!
    I think this try.

March 13, 2008 at 12:55 AM

@Juicy – You’re welcome! I’m glad that this post was able to help you. Although for me, nothing would replace Firefox because of the extensions or add-ons. :D

5. Juicy B

March 13, 2008 at 12:53 AM

MABOO!!! thank yoo for posting an article about this! really helped me a lot! since safari was available for windows, i never used ie7 again… firefox was my substitute for ie7…. but when i stumbled uopn this article, i was skeptical at 1st but when i finally tried it, i never really felt its effect but when i tried using ie7 again with ie7pro, wow i’m lovin’ ie7 again! thank yoo!

March 12, 2008 at 9:20 PM

@doitz – Hi cuz! The reason why you can’t see some animations in Firefox is because some web sites are created or optimized to work only in Internet Explorer. Another reason could be because you’re missing the Adobe Flash plugin or a plugin required to play the animation. :)

7. doitz

March 12, 2008 at 9:17 PM

:mrgreen: i’m using both IE and firefox….but some animation can only be seen in IE and not in FF, but i love the FF themes ….and thats why i love them both! :mrgreen:

February 18, 2008 at 2:55 AM

@Lloyd – Me too. I use it once in a while like when I do a WordPress theme review and I need to check how it looks like in IE.

I’ve tried Maxthon before and it’s much better now than it was before. However, it’s still basically IE because it runs on the same Trident layout engine but with a different look and more features so I stay away from it. :D

9. Lloyd Lopez

February 18, 2008 at 2:51 AM

I’m also happy with FF though I use IE 7 from time to time. Looking at the features, its almost similar to Maxthon.

Lloyd Lopez’s last blog post..Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3

February 17, 2008 at 1:05 AM

@trench – Hehe I know you love your Firefox extensions too, right? :D

11. trench

February 17, 2008 at 1:03 AM

I’m fine with firefox too. haha

trench’s last blog post..Its a bird, its a plane, its Dwight Howard!

February 14, 2008 at 4:30 PM

@sylv3rblade – How long have you been using IE Pro? I also didn’t see any mention about issues/conflicts on Vista but I just can’t seem to install it on my machine. I have no other to find out coz I don’t have the desktop and my old laptop. Anyways, thanks for the info. :)

13. sylv3rblade

February 14, 2008 at 4:29 PM

I have IE Pro installed on an XP machine.. uhh compatible ba ug IE Pro with Vista? Didn’t see it on the features list.

sylv3rblade’s last blog post..How to Spot Fake Mobile Phones

February 14, 2008 at 8:55 AM

@Dre – Same here. I’d only think twice if ever IE offers the same features/extensions and if it becomes more secure. :D

15. Dre

February 14, 2008 at 8:50 AM

Nah, I’ll stick with FF. It’s teh love :razz:

Dre’s last blog post..How Do I Love Thee?

February 14, 2008 at 4:40 AM

@jhay – I know you’re a Safari and Firefox fan. Anyways, IE Pro is not made by Microsoft but a team of Asian programmers. But I do agree that Microsoft should incorporate some if not all the features that IE Pro offers into the next version of IE especially if they want to keep their share of the market.

February 14, 2008 at 4:39 AM

I won’t bother with it, :lol: if IE Pro has that many features why not just Micro$oft incorporate them into the next version of IE?

It’s puzzling really. :roll:

jhay’s last blog post..Where to download drivers for your printer