Short review and initial impressions of the Logitech G203 Prodigy RGB Wired Gaming Mouse
The mouse that I received was from the Dell KM636 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse combo. The keyboard was decent and the only reason why I got a replacement was that I wanted something that had tactile feedback. In the case of the mouse, it was totally different. It performed really badly for me. It was laggy and there were times when the mouse didn’t respond when you clicked on it.
When I searched for a mouse replacement, I decided that I would get a wired mouse so that I won’t have to deal with changing or charging the batteries every now and then. After browsing through Amazon and looking at different products, the one that came out as the best option for me was the Logitech G203 Prodigy RGB Wired Gaming Mouse. It had a 4.5-star rating, very good reviews, and wasn’t expensive at CAD$29.99.
Check out the official product video from Logitech:
I actually purchased it at the same time as the LANGTU Membrane Gaming Keyboard but it took me a bit longer to blog about it because I wanted to be able to test it out thoroughly. Today, I’m going to share with you my review and initial impressions of the Logitech G203 Prodigy RGB Wired Gaming Mouse.
- G203 Gaming Mouse
- User Documentation
- 2-Year Limited Hardware Warranty
LOGITECH G203 PRODIGY SPECIFICATIONS:
- Height: 116.6 mm
- Width: 62.15 mm
- Depth: 38.2 mm
- Weight: 85 g (mouse only)
- Cable Length: 2.10 m
- Resolution: 200 – 8,000 dpi
- Max Acceleration: >25 G
- Max Speed: >200 IPS
- USB Data Format: 16 bits/axis
- USB Report Rate: 1000 Hz (1ms)
- Microprocessor: 32-bit ARM
- PTFE Feet: 250 Kilometers
- Onboard Memory: 1 profile
- LIGHTSYNC RGB: 1 zone
- Battery: 1 x AA battery
LOGITECH G203 PRODIGY KEY FEATURES:
- Gaming-grade Performance – G203 reports 1,000 times per second, 8x faster than standard mice. This means when the mouse is moved or clicked the onscreen response is virtually instantaneous.
- Classic Design – G203 is inspired by the classic design of the legendary Logitech G100S Gaming Mouse. Beloved by gamers worldwide and a favorite of esports pros, it’s a classic design that we’ve re-engineered and optimized from the inside out to be lightweight, durable, and comfortable.
- Gaming Grade Sensor – Play to your full potential with a mouse that offers 200 to 8,000 DPI delivering incredible accuracy, tracking speed, and consistency. You’ll get improved control no matter your style of gameplay.
- Mechanical Button Tensioning – Mechanical button tensioning uses metal springs to help keep the left and right mouse buttons primed to click, reducing the force needed. Combined with individual left and right buttons, it enhances consistency and delivers exceptional click feel and response.
- LIGHTSYNC RGB – LIGHTSYNC technology provides next-gen RGB lighting that synchronizes lighting and game profiles with your content. Customize from a full spectrum of approximately 16.8 million colors and synchronize lighting animations and effects with your other Logitech G devices. Customize it all quickly and easily using Logitech G HUB.
- Six Programmable Buttons – Logitech G203 can be used directly out-of-the-box or can be fully configured using G HUB. Advanced users can configure any of the 6 buttons to simplify in-game actions.
- On-the-fly DPI – On-the-fly DPI shifting lets you toggle between two sensitivity settings with a click, from pixel-precise 250 DPI targeting to speedy 2,500 DPI movement. Use G HUB to customize the DPI settings to fit your style of play. Also, DPI cycling lets you choose from up to five DPI settings while in-game.
- Onboard Memory – When you take your G203 with you, your custom settings come along. By saving your preferences to the onboard memory using Logitech G HUB you can use it on another PC with no need to install software or reconfigure your settings.
Size comparison with the Apple Magic Mouse (Top View)
Size comparison with the Apple Magic Mouse (Side View)
LOGITECH GAMING SOFTWARE
I’ve had the Logitech G203 Prodigy RGB Wired Gaming Mouse at the same time as the LANGTU Membrane Gaming Keyboard, and so far I am very happy with it and have no regrets about getting it.
The three main reasons why I picked this particular product are affordability, design, and performance (based on user reviews).
DESIGN & SIZE – I like the design of the Logitech G203 because it’s ergonomic but at the same time, it’s just simple and not too fancy. Another reason why I picked this particular model is the size, and the G203’s size is the perfect fit for me. Having a mouse that’s either too big or too small can cause mouse wrist pain with prolonged use which could also lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
AFFORDABILITY – As I said earlier, one of the considerations for getting the Logitech G203 was the price factor. For a mouse that is produced by a reputable brand like Logitech and for its excellent performance, CAD$29.99 is a very good deal if you ask me.
SETUP – Since the Logitech G203 Prodigy is a wired mouse, it works out of the box and you don’t need to download any drivers. However, if you want to take advantage or use the advanced features such as creating game profiles, LIGHTSYNCH RGB, OBS & other third-party app integration, then you will have to install the Logitech G HUB (Logitech Gaming Software).
To change the RGB color and effects, just open the Logitech Gaming Software, click on the third icon from the left (light bulb icon), and select Lighting Effect. You can choose between Fixed Color, Color Cycle, and Breathing Effect. You can also specify the Brightness level, Rate, and pick a color from the available Stock colors or choose a custom color as seen in one of the screenshots posted above.
RESPONSIVENESS – Unlike the mouse that I replaced, the Logitech G203’s accuracy and responsiveness are on point. If you installed the Logitech Gaming Software, you could customize the DPI sensitivity level.
DURABILITY – I’ve only had this for a few months so I can’t say how long it will last but I’m confident that it will be durable. One of the reasons why I picked the Logitech G203 Prodigy is because it is a wired mouse that doesn’t require batteries or charging so I don’t have to worry about it running out of power as I did on the iMac or if I kept using the Dell KM636 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse combo.
PERFORMANCE – In the few months that I’ve had the Logitech G203, it has performed very well, and I haven’t encountered any issues so far in terms of the cursor lagging or clicking. As I mentioned earlier, I am very happy with its performance and have no regrets about purchasing it whatsoever.
You might be wondering why I didn’t mention anything bad or negative about the Logitech G203 Prodigy. Does that mean this product is perfect and doesn’t have any faults or weaknesses? Nope! It just so happens that based on my experience using it over the past few months I haven’t encountered any problems with it so far. If I do encounter issues with it after this blog post is published, I will make sure to update the post and mention it.
I highly recommend this product to anyone who’s looking for a budget-friendly wired mouse or wired gaming mouse.
For now, that’s my short review and initial impressions of the Logitech G203 Prodigy RGB Wired Gaming Mouse. Hope you like it and please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below if you have any questions about this product.
You can purchase the Logitech G203 Prodigy RGB Wired Gaming Mouse from Amazon US and/or Amazon Canada using the links below: