Intel MID: Concept Mobile Internet Device

I love gadgets and everytime I see a new piece of technology or new electronic gadget, I can’t help but get excited. While browsing the web the other day, I came across a concept mobile internet device called the Intel MID designed by Jan Rytir. This sexy piece of gadgetry is a mobile internet device that’s specially designed for internet browsing anywhere.

Based on the design, the Intel MID mobile internet device has the following features: 180x80x20mm dimension, full QWERTY keyboard, OLED touchscreen, trackball, 2 USB slots, microphone and audio input, SD card reader, stereo speakers, docking connector and something unique to this device, 7 completely configurable action buttons.

Additional Images:

Intel MID: Concept Mobile Internet Device

Although the Intel MID is a thing of beauty and a totally different device on its own, I can’t help but see the similarity with the Sony Xperia X1. I’m talking about the curved design of the QWERTY keyboard. Based on the design and physical features/specifications, IMO the Intel MID is way better than the iPhone 4G concept. But then again, both of these gadgets are only concept.

So what do you guys think about the sexy Intel MID concept mobile internet device? What other features/specs would you want to see added to it? If this Intel MID concept would be picked up by one of the big companies like maybe HTC and made into a real product, would you get one? If I could afford it, I definitely would!

[via Yanko Design]

1. blog.it

July 20, 2009 at 12:24 AM

is this out on the market? this is very nice!

2. Michael

June 2, 2009 at 5:14 PM

is it released or not yet?

3. allen

May 25, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Really OMG!!!! I want one…. man… crazy…. the thing I most miss is usb ports…. It’ll be heaven to plug my 16GB kingston, my Sony T-900 and upload pics to the web… or clean my cams memmory to a pendrive trought my phone!!!!
    And, fore sure it need Wi-fi and Bluetooth…. I want one

4. Michael

May 21, 2009 at 5:08 PM

That one is HOT! Looks like very professional. This is way better than iphone, maybe.

5. Jd

May 21, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Well done Intel. 180 × 80x20mm-compact.
    Even a very compact, I am afraid that I will be one finger on the three buttons to press ….:-) ideal for a girl!

6. Roy

May 6, 2009 at 5:57 AM

Wow! I wonder how much that cost… tsk! I can only drool on that gadget :(

Roys last blog post..Aside from Manny Pacquiao…

May 6, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Sweeeet!!!

Me wants one! LOL

It actually reminds me of the X1 and that mobile phone Pearce Brosnan used as James Bond to drive his BMW remotely from the backseat.

Can’t wait for this device to leap from concept into the real thing.

jhays last blog post..Another one on “Ako Mismo”

8. Gem

May 6, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Sleek cool gadget concept. I would prefer to have a guy than a sexy girl on the screen. Lols

I can’t think of additional features that I would want for that. All I want to do is to actually try that.. but as you said this is still a concept.

Gems last blog post..The Woman Who Gets a Face Transplant