HTC fans here in the US, especially those on AT&T have long been waiting for the newer version or successor to the popular AT&T Tilt aka HTC TyTn II. Several days ago, at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, HTC announced the release of the HTC Touch Pro2.
HTC Touch Pro 2
Designed for business professionals, the HTC Touch Pro2 is architected with distinct style and strength while delivering the most powerful productivity experience available on a mobile phone. Leveraging HTC’s TouchFLO 3D, people-centric communication and Push Internet technology, the Touch Pro2 features a high-resolution 3.6-inch widescreen VGA display for an expanded viewing area and large finger-friendly QWERTY keyboard. With improved battery life, expandable memory, a touch-sensitive zoom bar as well as gravity, proximity and ambient light sensors, the Touch Pro2 is optimized for touch as well as heavy email use.
- Processor: QualcommÂ® MSM7200Aâ„¢, 528 MHz
- Operating System: Windows MobileÂ® 6.1 Professional
- Memory: ROM: 512 MB, RAM: 288 MB
- Dimensions: 116 X 59.2 X 17.25 mm (4.57 X 2.33 X 0.68 inches)
- Weight: 175 grams (6.17 ounces) with battery
- Display: 3.6-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen, 480 X 800 WVGA resolution, Adjustable tilt screen
- Network: HSDPA/WCDMA: Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz, Up to 2 Mbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds
- Network: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: Europe/Asia: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, (Band frequency, HSUPA availability, and data speed are operator dependent.)
- Device Control: TouchFLOâ„¢ 3D, Zoom bar
- Keyboard: Slide-out 5-row QWERTY keyboard
- GPS: Internal GPS antenna
- Connectivity: BluetoothÂ® 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets, Wi-FiÂ®: IEEE 802.11 b/g, HTC ExtUSBâ„¢ (11-pin mini-USB 2.0, audio jack, and TV Out* in one)
- Main camera: 3.2 megapixel color camera with auto focus
- Second camera: VGA CMOS color camera
- Audio formats: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI, M4A
- Video formats: WMV, ASF, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, M4V, AVI
- Battery: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, Capacity: 1500 mAh
- Talk time: Up to 270 minutes for WCDMA, Up to 419 minutes for GSM
- Standby time: Up to 454 hours for WCDMA, Up to 348 hours for GSM
- Video call time: Up to 150 minutes
- Expansion Slot: microSDâ„¢ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
- AC Adapter: Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
- DC output: 5V and 1A
- Special Features: FM Radio, G-Sensor
The HTC Touch Pro2 is not only an improved version of its predecessor, the HTC Touch Pro but a combination of the TyTN II, Touch Pro and the HTC Touch HD with features like tilting screen, 3.6″ touch screen display and TouchFlo 3D.
With HTC’s Straight Talk technology providing crystal-clear sound quality/voice reception and built-in loudspeaker and dedicated noise-cancelling microphone, the HTC Touch Pro2 can make superior quality conference calls. Another cool feature in the HTC Touch Pro2 is the one that activates speakerphone when the phone is flipped upside down.
The slide-out 5-row QWERTY keyboard looks really nice, the keys are not cramped and are well spaced out, numbers and special characters get their own dedicated keypads which makes it easier to use for sending emails or text messages. The HTC Touch Pro2’s keyboard has a close resemblance to Sony Ericsson’s Xperia X1‘s keyboard, which coincidentally was designed and manufactured by HTC for Sony Ericsson.
The HTC Touch Pro2 will be available in global markets, Europe and Asia by early summer. No word on when it will be available here in the US/North America or which carrier gets it, but hopefully they’ll release it here later this year and hopefully AT&T gets it.
[image source: HTC.com]
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn commissions at no additional cost to you. We are reader-supported so when you buy through the affiliate links, you are also helping or supporting us.