HTC has just announced the release of their latest Android-based phone, the HTC Tattoo. The Tattoo, formerly known as the Click will be the second device to make use of the HTC Sense user interface that offers a lot of customization features – 7 home screen panels that can be personalized with different wallpapers, widgets and shortcuts. Aside from that, the HTC Tattoo will also have interchangeable backplates with several ready-made custom designs to choose from.
- Processor: QualcommÂ® MSM7225â„¢, 528 MHz
- Platform: Androidâ„¢
- Memory: ROM: 512 MB
- RAM: 256 MB
- Dimensions (LxWxT): 106 x 55.2 x 14 mm ( 4.17 x 2.17 x 0.55 inches)
- Weight: 113 grams ( 3.99 ounces) with battery
- Display: 2.8-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen with 240×320 QVGA resolution
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA: Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz, Up to 384 kbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Device Control: 4-Way navigation control with Enter button
- GPS Internal GPS antenna
- Connectivity: BluetoothÂ® 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
- Wi-FiÂ®: IEEE 802.11 b/g
- HTC ExtUSBâ„¢: (11-pin mini-USB 2.0) 3.5 mm audio jack
- Camera: 3.2 megapixel color camera
- Audio supported formats: MP3, AAC(AAC, AAC+, AAC-LC), AMR-NB, WAV, MIDI and Windows Media Audio 9
- Video supported formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264 and Windows MediaÂ® Video 9
- Battery: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Capacity: 1100 mAh
- Talk time: Up to 342 minutes for WCDMA, 390 minutes for GSM
- Standby time: Up to 520 hours for WCDMA, 340 hours for GSM
- Expansion Slot: microSDâ„¢ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
- AC Adapter: Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
- DC output: 5V and 1A
- Special Features: G-sensor, Digital Compass, FM Radio
Here’s HTC’s official Press Release for the HTC Tattoo:
TAIWAN — September 8, 2009 — HTC Corporation today introduced the HTC Tattooâ„¢, an Android-based phone that brings broad personalization to the masses. With its distinct design and ability to personalize all aspects of the phone, from its hardware to its applications and content, people are able to express themselves and create their own individual mobile experience.
“Everyone wants their own phone to feel like it was specifically made for them. The Tattoo, with HTC Sense represents an easy way to shape your own distinct mobile experience and really make it your own,” said Peter Chou, Chief Executive Officer, HTC Corporation. “The HTC Tattoo ensures that you can create the most engaging and appropriate mobile experience through simple yet powerful personalization.”
HTC Tattoo is the second phone to embody HTC Sense, a mobile experience focused on putting people at the centre by making your phone work in a more simple and natural way. Designed by listening and observing how people live and communicate, HTC Sense revolves around three fundamental principles Make it Mine, Stay Close and Discover the Unexpected.
With HTC Tattoo, you stay close to the important people in your life by integrating your communications and applications including voice calls, emails, texts, photos and status updates into one consolidated view, providing innovative and fun phone experiences.
The stylish HTC Tattoo is small and compact, fitting snugly into your hand or pocket. People are able to design and purchase their own unique covers or search and select from popular cover designs, altering the look of the phone to reflect their mood or individual tastes.
HTC Tattoo integrates Google’s innovative mobile services including: Google Maps, search, Google Mail, and Android market where users can download thousands of popular applications and games. It also comes complete with a broad variety of hardware features including a 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera, 3.5mm stereo headset jack and expandable microSD memory.
The HTC Tattoo will be available in Europe first at the beginning of October, and will roll out in markets around the world in the following months.
Like what the official release said, the HTC Tattoo will be available in Europe at the start of next month, October and will be available in other parts of the world a few months later. There’s no word yet on when exactly it will be available here in the US or North America and which carrier it will go to.
Since the HTC Tattoo is being marketed for a broader audience, it would be nice to see this phone would retail at around $100 or less.
[image source: HTC Europe]