Dell unveiled earlier today the Latitude Z600, which is the latest addition to the Latitude family/series of notebooks. The Latitude Z as it is more commonly known, is an ultra-thin personal computer that comes with the “inductive charging” feature that enables the user to charge the device by just simply placing the notebook computer on top of a custom stand with inductive charging which powers the computer the same way most electric shavers and toothbrushes are charged. Simply put, the Dell Latitude Z is the first laptop that has the ability to be charged without the use of a power cord.
- 1.4 GHz SU9400 or 1.6 GHz SU9600 Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB, 128GB or 256GB SSD
- 16 inch HD (1600 x 900) display
- WiMAX ready
- Integrated 3G
- 2 megapixel webcam with autofocus
- Latitude ON
Dell Latitude Z Demo Video:
Dell Latitude ON Demo Video:
Official Press Release
Dell Latitude Z–Sleek Design, Innovation and Business Features Meet
The Dell Latitude Z is the world’s first ultra-thin 16-inch laptop that is less than an inch thin and starting at 4.5 pounds1 with a four-cell battery, which comes standard. It features premium design, forward-thinking innovations and breakthrough features to help empower businesses. The system includes:
- Lean tapered design and soft-touch Black Cherry finish.
- The world’s first laptop with wireless docking and inductive charging (available in the coming weeks).
- Dell’s EdgeTouch allows users to interact with commonly used applications and media controls through a touch interface that is on the bezel of the system’s screen.
- Spacious multi-touch touchpad and silky-touch backlit keyboard.
- A high-definition (1600×900) WLED display and two megapixel camera featuring Dell Capture technology that allows users to scan and save business cards to Microsoft Outlook contacts and copy documents.
- Dell FaceAwareâ„¢ Lock-Out automatically locks out other users when a user steps away from the laptop.
- Thoughtful design that extends the concept of a lean, light, travel weight all the way to the Z’s power adapter, optional accessories and external optical drive.
- Laptop bags by Cole Haan and Timbuck2 designed specifically for the Latitude Z.
In addition to these features, the Latitude Z is available with WLAN, Bluetooth and optional 3G WWAN mobile broadband. The Latitude Z is the latest addition to the Latitude series which promises the manageability, enterprise-level security and service options that professionals worldwide have come to expect from Dell.
The Latitude Z is available starting today in select countries in Europe and Asia, as well as Canada and the U.S., starting at $1,999. More details are available at www.dell.com/latitude.
The Dell Latitude Z will have a secondary motherboard inside it that features an ARM processor, a graphics card and WiFi chip. It weighs at about 4.5 lbs and is only 0.5 inches thick. The base price for the Latitude Z is $1,999 and if you purchase the charging stand, it will cost you an extra $199 and the docking station an additional $199.
I really like the overall design of the Latitude Z. I love how it packs all these powerful features inspite of its ultra-thin structure. If I had the money, I’d get myself one of these right away.
How about you guys? What do you think of Dell’s latest ultra-thin laptop the Latitude Z600 or Latitude Z?