One issue that many iPhone users have with on their iPhones, is the usability of the on-screen keyboard (especially those who text and send emails a lot). I’ve gotten the hang of using the on-screen keyboard but I know many iPhone users haven’t. If you’re having a hard time getting used to the on-screen keyboard and would like to have a physical keyboard on your iPhone, Boxwave got you covered.
Device accessory maker Boxwave has recently released the Boxwave Keyboard Buddy Case which is an iPhone 4 case with a built-in Bluetooth keyboard. I’m not sure if Steve Jobs is gonna be happy with this but I’m sure many iPhone users will. The Boxwave Keyboard Buddy snaps on like a regular iPhone 4 case with cutouts for the volume controls, camera and other parts, only it has a slide-out physical keyboard that connects via Bluetooth and boasts a 45-day battery life on a full charge.
The Boxwave Keyboard Buddy doesn’t add much to the iPhone 4’s profile so it enables a smooth transition between the iPhone 4’s touch screen and the physical keyboard.
Boxwave Keyboard Buddy Case Features:
- Form-fitting shell designed to snap on securely to perfectly fit your Apple iPhone 4
- Cut-out design for the touch screen so that you can keep the same tactile feel as using the Apple iPhone 4 without a case
- Conveniently designed to provide quick access to all of Apple iPhone 4’s controls, features, camera, and ports
- Integrated slide-out Bluetooth keyboard allows you to switch from the touch screen to a physical keyboard as desired
- Includes a USB cable to charge the integrated keyboard
- Bluetooth keyboard on/off switch allows you to turn the keyboard off when not in use to conserve battery power
- Finished with a high-quality smooth coating making the case smooth to the touch
- Charge Duration: 45 days
- Bluetooth version 2.0
- Jet Black color
The Boxwave Keyboard Buddy comes in one color – jet black and is available for pre-order from Boxwave’s website for $69.95 (after a 10% discount). The Keyboard Buddy starts shipping December 14th and ships for FREE within the US.
The Boxwave Keyboard Buddy is a bit pricey and I’m not sure about the 45-day battery life, but I’m sure many iPhone users won’t mind paying that much just to have a physical keyboard on their iPhones. Too bad they don’t have one for the iPhone 3G or 3GS, coz if they did I would’ve gotten one for myself.
What do you think of Boxwave’s Keyboard Buddy? If you had an iPhone 4, would you go get one? Please share your thoughts.