Looking for a new Twitter client/app for your iPhone that offers more features and options than the native Twitter app? Check out Tweetbot, a Twitter client that has personality. Created and released by software company Tapbots, Tweetbot is a new alternative Twitter client for the iPhone that was launched earlier today in the App Store.
Tweetbot is a full-featured iPhone Twitter client that features a very nice UI (user interface), multiple timelines, conversations & related tweets, smart gestures, customizable navigation, support for multiple services, push notifications via Boxcar and lots of other cool stuff.
- Multiple Timelines. Quickly switch between your lists as your main timeline.
- Smart Gestures. Use Twitter more efficiently with time-saving and configurable gestures.
- Customizable Navigation. The last 2 tabs are customizable and unused tabs are easily accessible.
- Support for multiple services like Read it Later, Instapaper, Cloudapp URL Shortening.
- Push Notifications via Boxcar.
- Save drafts, add locations and POI’s, attach photos and videos, manage your lists, and much more.
Tweetbot is on sale for a limited time and can be purchased via iTunes or the App Store for $1.99. Although it is a paid app, the price is well worth paying for especially if you’re bored with the native Twitter app and looking for more features and options.
Downloaded and installed Tweetbot just a few minutes ago so I still have to try and use all the features but so far, I like what I see. The UI is just so clean and beautiful. I’ll update this post with my own screenshots and add notes on features, usability and other stuff I find later on.
For complete details and a demo video on Tweetbot, visit tapbots.com/software/tweetbot/
NOTE: Tweetbot works with the iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 4.1 or later.
Anyone tried the Tweetbot Twitter client for iPhone? What features do you like or dislike the most? What other features/improvements would you like to see added to future versions of this app? Please share your thoughts.